Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1977 GF 5spd

i'm a new guy, i just found this forum and i was hoping you guys could help me out. i have a 1977 GF 1600 5spd. i am the second owner, i bought it with 98,000 miles on it from an old lady who bought it new. i have all records, the original tool kit, original spare tire and all the paper work dating back to 1976 when she bought it in portland, oregon. i have all records, it was always worked on at the subaru dealership in boise, id. does any one know any thing about this model, (i have never seen onother one) what is it worth? (if anything) anything you guys know is more than i do so anything helps thanks.

Stick around,we'll all clue you in.

Value depends on condition,of course.

Can you take some pics and post them here?It's pretty easy,even I can do it.:) Check out the Photo Gallery and give it a shot if you have a digital camera.

I had a '76 GF just a couple of years ago or so that I got from an old lady too.It had 56k on it,always dealer parts,etc....and I got it for $150.

It was in pretty good shape except for one back corner underside where the trailing arm attaches to the body.I had too many cars at the time and it nearly killed me :-\ to send that car to the crusher.

Might be worth $2,500 or more if it's really sweet.....but the market is kind of small.

I have or will have lots of parts that you might need.Feel free to email or send a Private Message through the Board.

Good luck with it.

Paul

You couldn'ta sold it??? :(

I bought my 79 for $300, but it needs work and doesn't run...

No,there was no way I was giving up the 56k parts it yeilded.Unfortunately at the time I saw the car as too much to handle and parking was no existent.I tried like crazy to give the shell away but nobody wanted it.Would've been a great lowrider project.Onward......

the car is in a garage in idaho, im stationed in washington, don't know when i'll be home again. there is a little rust along the bottom, the CV's are shot and the syncros are pretty bad other than that, its good. oh (please don't yell at me) i kinda rallyed with it for a month or two, then i realized that i have never seen another one and started taking car of it.