Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wheeling at crooked finger today(56k no way)

scrap487

well went up to crooked finger today with Craig(scoobyclimbs) and Aaron(fastenova). Had some fun, I got a few pics but I believe Craig and Aarons friend got many more, anyways they can speak for themselves:

P6170623.jpg

P6170618.jpg

P6170614.jpg

P6170612.jpg

P6170609.jpg

P6170608.jpg

P6170610.jpg

P6170605.jpg

P6170606.jpg

P6170604.jpg

and yes, my rig took a bunch of body damage: lost drivers side mirror, lost both headlight bezels, all front turnsignals and one headlight, big dent in the fender and my doors are all bent in from going through gaps in trees slightly narrower than the subaru.. :grin:

nice pics looks like you guys had an awesome time, thats a fun place. been through that mud hole down in the trees a couple of weeks ago with pooparu (earl), have some video but haven't put it up yet. hey scrap nice monster soob pic there at the first. whats going on there with the piece of wood and looks like a sledge hammer or axe in the pic? man wish you guys would have gone up tomorrow (Sunday) i would have joined you but work comes first, need to pay to play, right

if those shot up hulks are near the begining of trail try to pull them out.That way if a enviro nazie drives by and sees you cleaning up trails,they may be less likey to want to close land down.

maybe organize a trailride/cleanup.anything you can do that shows 4xers in a good light helps us four wheelers.

if those shot up hulks are near the begining of trail try to pull them out.That way if a enviro nazie drives by and sees you cleaning up trails,they may be less likey to want to close land down.

maybe organize a trailride/cleanup.anything you can do that shows 4xers in a good light helps us four wheelers.

I'm glad you brought that up, the amount of trash out there was incredible... at the end of a trail we found a truck load of f-in truck tires on rims, saw the occasional couch or fridge around along with broken glass everywhere we went. those shot up cars are at the side of a quarry thats like maybe 1/4 mile off the road or less... yeah, when I get things running right and have time I think a trail cleanup would be pretty cool, and pretty fun with some of the crap out there we'd be dragging out. I would totally be down with helping organize a trail cleanup, assuming I can get my dads nissan 720 pickup going.

the tool that craig was using was a mallock, at the time I was FWD only because i didnt have my rear axles in(which later I installed) , and that tree stump was holding me up... being highly modified compared to craig or aarons sube I ended up doing a bit more of the crazier stuff. It was a pretty fun day, didnt even break down really other than my exhaust hanger breaking causing the exhaust to touch the rear driveshaft, which only caused a massive headache.

Um - this is OR dude - we don't have those Nazi freaks here. And we don't really have trouble with land closing. It's a FFA around these parts, and if you go out of the metro area it's even more backward - I regularly see nutcases driving with no fenders, doors, or hoods - beer cans all over the place.

GD

Um - this is OR dude - we don't have those Nazi freaks here. And we don't really have trouble with land closing. It's a FFA around these parts, and if you go out of the metro area it's even more backward - I regularly see nutcases driving with no fenders, doors, or hoods - beer cans all over the place.

GD

thats also true.... damn I guess I'm a nutcase :lol:

Well - yes you are :lol:, but I was refering to the natives around where we wheel - Aaron can tell you about the crazed dirtbags with VERY large firearms we ran across while wheeling last time :-\.

GD

no need to tell me... evidence was all over the ground everywhere :clap:

looking good scrap, you got a nice beast factor there...

might want to resize those pics though.

let me know next time you guys go out.

give me your number and I'll call you up... the beast is getting parked, toasted the clutch yesterday and something is up with the pressureplate, along with the motor having really bad rod knock so thats gonna be down for a month... but I will be wheeling my stock DD wagon once I get some newer tires on it in the mean time.