Ultimate Subaru Message Board

North East Offroad Subi Meet: July 15th, @ Paragon

ya'll still gonna be there?

I accidentally got scheduled for the 15th but it should be no biggy, I think he just put me on for saturday instead of friday, since I'm not scheduled friday for whatever reason...

xt6 is ready to go! I've put 200 miles on it in 2 days and it's running strong.

I think I'll be pimpin the legacy steelies with snow tires cause that's how I roll :burnout:

i'll definetely be there... although i'm not sure the car will be runnin on all 4 cylinders... (i'm having some misfire problems that i still haven't been able to sort out yet... maybe i'll pick up a fuel injector from harry's)

Im still comin for sure, I know that (well .....coming or Ill break down trying!) :cool:

I figured out my shaking problem BTW. It really helps when the poor thing is actually running on all four cylinders!:lol: (I was almost getting dirty looks from people on mopeds for a while)

I'm also bringin my cabin tent, so if anybody has a sleeping bag and cot or whatever.......I have room for one or 2 people besides me.

We should be in PA next weekend.

Need to hit Harrisburg......one.....last.....time.....:rolleyes: .....so I'll see what I can do.I sure can't go wheeling with a load of parts.Especially since what's left is 99% sheetmetal and exhaust.Doh!

If we wheel with you guys on Saturday I'll be camping somewhere or need a place to crash,between Hazelton and Harrisburg on Saturday night.:brow:

Day to day,we'll see as the week goes on.

Finally got the swampers on. My steel wheels are definetly bent or something, because the ride is rough on the road. So i'll have to drive up on my all seasons and swap the swampers on.

Still have a clunk from the rear, gonna add another washer and see if that helps. Already did a bitof banging under there with a BFH.

Need an alignment...if that is at all possible.

Edit**************

I dont think i can make it now....Went to tst out the swampers tonight. Tried going up a hill and uh, my airbags went off. Smashed the windshield, and i am now missing my rear view mirror, a/c turn knob, and have 2 blown airbags...and one deaf ear as of right now...and a burn on the side of my face. Will not be able to make it, atleast not with a wheelable rig.

waiting till last minute to fix my rig kicked me in the arse:mad:

freakin autozone mailed me the wrong clutch:mad: :mad: :-\ :confused: still have to get the hatch reg'd too. things are looking grim for the 15th.

i`m with Brucey, might it AT ALL be possible to post-pone this just a couple weeks? i can even wait till the end of the summer, any weekend is fine with me, just not this weekend.if not, thats ok too, i will still meet you guys sometime THIS year!!

working weekends this month. trip was to far for me to get there in time. only car for trip is 91 SS. not the best car for trailing. still the first level would be doable. will keep eye on post for another event. be well and safe trailing.

Sooo..... is anyone going now? :confused:

You kids made 4 pages of consideration.....

somebody go.

Or just meet up with me/us at Pine Barrens Rt. 206 in Atsion,NJ.....look for a date in the semi near future.

I'd still be up for the offroad park near Hazelton,but could use a better weekend too.How about shoot for a better date for Hazelton,and if you guys can join in at the Pine Barrens then that's just an added pleasure.;)

With some more time I should have a better beater for the trails,or put some effort into the "family truck" -GL Touring wagon.This weekend I'd have to either go soft,or not go at all on the trails.We need the car for cargo hauling from Harrisburg to CT.:-\

dude, i cant. I am looking at some serious repairs to do in less than a week.

A new windshield is like 200+ and i dont know what to do about the air bags.I am taking my car off the road for right now, until i figure out what i need/want/can do. Until then i'll be driving a 97 impreza coupe that used to belong to my brother. Just so i can go places, like work.

When i straighten my car situation out,as in how i will be repairing my car, i will be more then up for a pine barrens run.

Sorry everyone. I just cant seem to catch a break though.

I didnt crash into anything. I tried going up a hill which was rather steep, but not a grade to which i'd flip/roll over. I trired creeping up but i didnt have enough traction. So i added some speed, and like 1/4 the way up the bags deployed.

I did, however, not have the air bag module fully bolted down, i had the bolts in hand tight, so it wouldnt bounce around the cabin, but not cranked down with a wrench. So, that might have caused it. I was also thinking that i might have hit one of the tow hooks on the ground and that set it off. But i checked my VIN # and mine doesn't fall into the range of vin numbers subaru put out in the recall.

Either way, i have one nasty burn/cut on the right side of my face under my eye...and still very much a lack of hearing in my right ear. I am thinking i am gonna find a way to repair the dash and find either an aftermarket steering wheel or just another cheap subaru wheel...or one of those CF steering wheel airbag covers. and just remove the airbag bulb. It doesnt bother me driving with no bags, i always where a seat belt and i would prefer not to have another one of these incidents.