Ultimate Subaru Message Board

badger lake/parkdale wheelin'

I'm headin up This Sun. June 25 for more exploring of the area in the foothills of Mt.Hood.

If enough snow is melted out "Gunsight ridge" and Badger lake is awesome!!! Middle mtn/Blue ridge/blowdown ridge are good too check out.

I plan on starting bout 9am or earlier it's gonna be hot!!!

my cell 503-314-7535 Gregg

looks like i may be able to go after all, i'll know better tomorrow.

I'm headin up This Sun. June 25 for more exploring of the area in the foothills of Mt.Hood.

If enough snow is melted out "Gunsight ridge" and Badger lake is awesome!!! Middle mtn/Blue ridge/blowdown ridge are good too check out.

I plan on starting bout 9am or earlier it's gonna be hot!!!

my cell 503-314-7535 Gregg

What awesome full day of wheelin'!!! I met up with Chazmataz in Sandy and we hit the still creek rd and found a powerline road that was good...until I approached this one climb full of rocks ....PSSSST...oh great my left rear tire got pinch between a rock and the rim.... good thing for full size spares...!

Now we headed back on to hwy 26/35 to Bennet pass and met up with Scrap. We saw this dodge pu with a canoe cruise by headin down to badgerlake. As we were headin in ...they came back sayin to much snow...so we checked it out. tons of huge snow drifts across the road . We tried Gunsight ridge and got through some small drifts of snow.

Off to Parkdale and Surveyors ridge ...it was dry and dusty as hell....!!!

But the cooler temps and high elevation in the trees made it a nice cruise. It was 69 degrees in one spot! mostly mid 70's until we dropped back into the valley and they climbed into the upper 80's .

We headed of to Green point resivour to cool off. Finally heading out finding every nook /cranny we could find to wheel on while making our way down to Hoodriver. Almost 12hours of wheelin'....and we beat the heat in PDX!

I will post pics soon !!:banana: