Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Roll call for lifted Imprezas

superu

mine never look like it hits...i stop and various points of articulation to check. At least i think. even if i dont, there is really tight clearance at normal driving height.

***************Edit*********************

Just went through NJ Inspection because my inspection sticker was up.

I failed for what i thought i would(my driver side corner lamp is not there. Although it contains no turnsignal and is not a headlamp, they still failed me but i mean, i assumed they would).

Surprisingly, they also failed me for something else. They had all the inspection workers looking at my car, it was quite hilarious. Its called "Manual suspension failure". i asked the guy who handed me my car back and he didn't know. Went inside to the office and they said it means the inspector could not push the rear of the car down 2 inches for 2 repititions. HA. Probably because its riding the inside of my wheel well. I think next time i am gonna load the trunk up with weight and see if it passes.

HA. manual suspension failure my rump roast. They were just looking for something to fail me...next time i am showing up to the station completely covered in mud...fresh mud.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't look like too many options. JB weld or real welding, but i dont weld and i think our sheetmetal is too thin....

You can weld anything i fyou have the proper equipment, hell... we've done aluminum cans at school before ;)

You can MIG on a subi body easily, just keep the amperage & voltage sort of low, it's like working on exhaust pipes, go slow, don't just hold it on there, give it time to cool, so you don't punch through.

I think the gap on the bottom is gong to be to wide to weld without adding more metal. I am gonna try Marine-Tex and see how that works out.

Edit*************************

Finished cutting today. It looks pretty good. I am gonna go out after dinner and marine-tex up the gaps and let it sit over night.

And to Zapar, i dont know how you fit those 27inch SSR's on. I tried today after cutting and ended up making several trips to the hardware store. 1/4inch worth of washers my butt. I have close to a 1/2 inch and refuse to add anymore because i want atleast 3/4 of my lug nut to have thread in it.(its like 7/8 full right now). I realize you have 14 inch wheels and i have 15inch wheels, but the tire size should be the same.(i have mine mounted on the stock 15inch subaru steel wheels).

i am gonna shave the large lugs on the inside of the SSR's on the rear with a diegrinder and hopefully that will solve my rubbing issue.

• 8 months later...
mine never look like it hits...i stop and various points of articulation to check. At least i think. even if i dont, there is really tight clearance at normal driving height.

***************Edit*********************

Just went through NJ Inspection because my inspection sticker was up.

I failed for what i thought i would(my driver side corner lamp is not there. Although it contains no turnsignal and is not a headlamp, they still failed me but i mean, i assumed they would).

Surprisingly, they also failed me for something else. They had all the inspection workers looking at my car, it was quite hilarious. Its called "Manual suspension failure". i asked the guy who handed me my car back and he didn't know. Went inside to the office and they said it means the inspector could not push the rear of the car down 2 inches for 2 repititions. HA. Probably because its riding the inside of my wheel well. I think next time i am gonna load the trunk up with weight and see if it passes.

HA. manual suspension failure my rump roast. They were just looking for something to fail me...next time i am showing up to the station completely covered in mud...fresh mud.

I just went through inspection myself with my impreza and it passed, nj is getting though with the inspection crap... ohh btw where in so. nj are you.. we'll be meeting down the Pine Barrens very soon, wanna join us? :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

wow i wish i had found this thread last year, ive been trying to get rid of this noise forever http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68523&page=3. But right now my car is being stretched back into place, gonna add a RS hood,new fender and new 225/60 rubber on my wrx 16's, the washer is something else to do while its down. Finally a cure for that horrible noise :banana: im hoping camber bolts can bring me closer to spec but the rear caster:dead:?? What scares me is that my inspection was due yesterday and now with the car being totalled they need to do more of a look anyways, so im not sure whats gonna happen, lift+engine swap+headers but no CE lights so im hoping the tech doesn't look at the EJ22 brand on top of the motor I have put way more time into this car than ive had it on the roadhttp://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/images/smilies/perplexed.gif :-\ Pete "rubber side down"

And to Zapar, i dont know how you fit those 27inch SSR's on. I tried today after cutting and ended up making several trips to the hardware store. 1/4inch worth of washers my butt. I have close to a 1/2 inch and refuse to add anymore because i want atleast 3/4 of my lug nut to have thread in it.(its like 7/8 full right now). I realize you have 14 inch wheels and i have 15inch wheels, but the tire size should be the same.(i have mine mounted on the stock 15inch subaru steel wheels).

Fine, your butt. lol 1/4 inch is all I had to use to clear them. You guys have seen the photos of the tires on the car. I even drove it around for a while like that. I didn't make anything up.

Keep in mind that different wheels have different offsets. The wheels that I used were 14 inch steelies.

I'm about to put a new set on my imp. But this time I've got some wheels with some proper back spacing. I shouldn't need any kind of spacer with them.