Origionally posted by spacinjason on nasioc but I thought it would be good to have this info here too:
If you have a newer subaru that the seatbelt chime goes off when the belt isn't buckled (maybe you are just sitting in a parking lot etc.) then this might just be your answer.
Cutoff Function for Seat Belt warning chime
(Works for the 2005 Outbacks and Legacys, too)
Warning: I am in no way responsible for anyone’s safety...just posting this as a convenience.
1. Turn the key to “ON” (not running).
2. Fasten and unfasten the driver’s seat belt 20 times in 30 seconds, starting from when you actually turn on the key. (This will set the passenger seat as well).
3. Turn the ignition on, and you should be set.
4. Setting lasts until the battery is disconnected or the system is otherwise reset.
5. If you want to do this as a temporary thing (just for one driving period), fasten/unfasten the belt 3 times in 6 seconds. The chime will reset the next time the car is started.
I got the above info from Scoobytrucks. If you go there to the Baja forum, you will find info on the seatbelt chime. The first time I did it I had tempory success, but chime returned the next day. Second time I did it was a success as I only get an initial six second chime when I start Baja.
'06 Baja T MT
Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Seatbelt warning chime on newer subarus
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users