Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1990 Loyale wiring problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glfarnes

glfarnes

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Cordova, Alaska

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:49 PM

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and new to Subaru. I'm trying to fix an odd problem on my son's '90 Loyale. The wipers, headlights, and heater all quit working. The fusable links are all four good. The fuses are all good, but no power is found on any of these three fuses. Does anyone know where to start on this problem.

Does anyone have wiring diagrams?

#2 somick

somick

92 Loyale

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • alaska

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:31 PM

The heater is not electrical.
Have you physically checked continuality of fusible links. They may look good but still be burnt.
Haynes repair manual suppose to have a wiring diagram. You can also take a look at "How to keep your Subaru alive":

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=57809

Sam

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

Welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here. I see you are a fellow Alaskan. It's always good to have another member from our state.

After looking at my reference it appears that the common things for the circuits you mention are the black fusible link and the ignition switch. If you are getting voltage on both sides of the link and the connections are clean an solid then you may find the problem on the bottom side of the fusible link holder. Perhaps the feed wire has come loose from the connection there. If that is ok, I would then start checking the ignition switch area. There is a connector to it that may have a bad contact connection. Keep us posted on the progress.

#4 glfarnes

glfarnes

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Cordova, Alaska

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:49 PM

I found the problem, after several hours of wire tracing and a fax from the Subaru dealer full of diagrams. The problem was that a connector that is right below the steering column had come loose. I followed the wires from both ends and it was my wife that actually pointed out that it had to be the connector. Here I am with egg on my face. I never did find the headlight relays. Does anyone know where they are located?

Jerry

#5 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:10 PM

Good deal Jerry. Glad you found the trouble. The relays for the lights are about in the middle of the dash area I believe. There should be 4 relays mounted together and I think the middle ones are for the lights. Sounds like your wife is ready for a new line of work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users