Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacement Moustache Bushings - polyurethane?

I'm considering re-using the moustache bar on Project XRBrati, but the outer bushing are all shot to hell. Does anyone sell upgraded replacements? Are stock replacements still available?

Also, I'm curious about the asymetrical design of this bar. Was it designed this way strictly for packaging considerations (i.e. exhaust routing), or was there some other reason?

BTW, here's a shot from a couple weeks ago preparing the Merkur body to meet it's Brat. More progress has been made since then.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/DPDISXR4Ti/Brat061106-6.jpg

• 7 years later...

I ended up cleaning my old bushings as best possible (toothbrush) and then injecting them with 3M Window Weld. I let it sit for 3 days before driving. Its been over a month and they are hugely improved over the old ones and possibly better than stock new ones.

• Like 3

I ended up cleaning my old bushings as best possible (toothbrush) and then injecting them with 3M Window Weld. I let it sit for 3 days before driving. Its been over a month and they are hugely improved over the old ones and possibly better than stock new ones.

Just did this to my differential bushings and transmission mounts.  Can't wait to get them back in the car!

I used a Whiteline rear diff outrigger bushing kit for an impreza in my XT6. This kit here...

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KSB751

I used the original hardware minus the factory rubber bits on the mount and washers. I put the thin ring between the mount and the mustache bar and the thicker ring between the washer and the mustache bar. I still have some drivetrain slop but I think part of it is due to excessive backlash in the rear diff.

Does anyone have part numbers for poly moustache bushings? Possibly Whiteline bushings that will press in? I know someone posted some part numbers somewhere, but can't find the thread, even using Google.

Tom, check out Nico's build thread (the STI Gl-10) I'm pretty sure he lists (fairly recently) many bushing part numbers for the ea82s

• Like 1

Tom, check out Nico's build thread (the STI Gl-10) I'm pretty sure he lists (fairly recently) many bushing part numbers for the ea82s

Yep, I rechecked that thread after I posted that and sure enough, he has part numbers for all sorts of bushings. Some are Whiteline and some are Super-pro. I can repost those bushing numbers on here tonight incase anyone else runs across this old thread :)

The Window weld stuff is good and no doubt that it'll work great, thanks for bringing that up as well!