Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Idle fixed :)

so I FINALLY fixed my stalling/not wanting to idle problem....there was some small electrical conection under the aircleander on the drivers side that was disconnected...pluged it back in and like magic...it holds its idle now when im not accelerating...no idea what the connection goes to...but thank goodness its back together. THANKS!!

• 4 weeks later...
so I FINALLY fixed my stalling/not wanting to idle problem....there was some small electrical conection under the aircleander on the drivers side that was disconnected...pluged it back in and like magic...it holds its idle now when im not accelerating...no idea what the connection goes to...but thank goodness its back together. THANKS!!

Could you be more specific in description of location/wire/connector?

Having trouble maintaining idle on '87 GL. Maybe your solution is my solution also....

Thanks.

might be the conector that powers the idle solenoid/purge solenoid ;-)

Where is the idle solenoid/purge solenoid located?

What does it/do they look like?

Any insight here might help me solve my varying idle problem.

Had 700 rpm at 8 degress BTDC when I left home, but had 400 rpm at same when I got home. This morning had no rpm.

What's up with idle where you want to?

Thanks.

8 degrees on and 87 would lead me to beleive you have a carbed 4WD EA82....

700 cold is too low. Your choke should cause it to idle up around 1500 till the engine warms and pulls the choke off. That's why when it's warm it's lower. Check your choke adjustment, idle mixture screw, and idle speed screw then reset your timing when the engine is hot with the vacuum advance for the disty disconnected and plugged.

Also - when you have your own problem, create your own thread. No one will see this here in someone else's thread. If you have a question for the person the started the thread about your problem, a PM with a link to your new post asking if their solution applies to your problem would be the best way to handle this.

GD