Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Idle fixed :)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlindSight

BlindSight

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Denton

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

so I FINALLY fixed my stalling/not wanting to idle problem....there was some small electrical conection under the aircleander on the drivers side that was disconnected...pluged it back in and like magic...it holds its idle now when im not accelerating...no idea what the connection goes to...but thank goodness its back together. THANKS!!

#2 PoorManzImpreza

PoorManzImpreza

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • BARBADOS

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:05 PM

might be the conector that powers the idle solenoid/purge solenoid ;-)

#3 sunflowersubaru

sunflowersubaru

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • KS

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:59 PM

so I FINALLY fixed my stalling/not wanting to idle problem....there was some small electrical conection under the aircleander on the drivers side that was disconnected...pluged it back in and like magic...it holds its idle now when im not accelerating...no idea what the connection goes to...but thank goodness its back together. THANKS!!

Could you be more specific in description of location/wire/connector?

Having trouble maintaining idle on '87 GL. Maybe your solution is my solution also....

Thanks.

#4 sunflowersubaru

sunflowersubaru

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • KS

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:02 PM

might be the conector that powers the idle solenoid/purge solenoid ;-)

Where is the idle solenoid/purge solenoid located?

What does it/do they look like?

Any insight here might help me solve my varying idle problem.

Had 700 rpm at 8 degress BTDC when I left home, but had 400 rpm at same when I got home. This morning had no rpm.

What's up with idle where you want to?

Thanks.

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:52 AM

8 degrees on and 87 would lead me to beleive you have a carbed 4WD EA82....

700 cold is too low. Your choke should cause it to idle up around 1500 till the engine warms and pulls the choke off. That's why when it's warm it's lower. Check your choke adjustment, idle mixture screw, and idle speed screw then reset your timing when the engine is hot with the vacuum advance for the disty disconnected and plugged.

Also - when you have your own problem, create your own thread. No one will see this here in someone else's thread. If you have a question for the person the started the thread about your problem, a PM with a link to your new post asking if their solution applies to your problem would be the best way to handle this.

GD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users