Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Might be selling my Loyale... reasonable price?

I'm thinking about selling my 91 Loyale wagon and I was wondering if I could get some input on a reasonable price.

It has:

Approx. 124,000 miles

4wd

Magnaflow muffler

Open airbox

K&N filter

New oil pump

New timing belt

New water pump

4 new tires

new CV joints

New axle/half shafts

newly inspected

Oil changed 2 weeks ago

I have the receipts to confirm the work that was done. The car also has the typical body rust, but only in small amounts. There are also a few dents and dings and interior wear and tear.

What's a reasonble price? I was thinking $2500.

if the body is in reasonably good shape, i'd say its a fair price. subarus tend to go for a lot more out here in the west though, so i am not exactly sure what "fair" would be back east. but it does have low miles and new parts, so that should help in selling it.

good luck

Originally posted by BlueTrain

if the body is in reasonably good shape, i'd say its a fair price. subarus tend to go for a lot more out here in the west though, so i am not exactly sure what "fair" would be back east. but it does have low miles and new parts, so that should help in selling it.

good luck

It's not rust free and there is some minor body damage, but it definitely runs strong. I'd like to see it go to someone who will appreciate it, especially since I modded it a little.

I also have a sweet Alpine stereo that cost almost $400 that I'll throw in for $200 more. That includes 4 new speakers.

I have to take some pics...

Originally posted by BlueTrain

well, exactly how minor is the body damage? but regardless, with the low miles, new parts, etc..you should be able to get at least 2 for it if the body is in decent shape..

There's a dent in the front passenger door and the left front fender is dented. Niether happened while I owned the vehicle.

How soon are you lookin' to get rid of it? Originally, I've made plans to look for a wagon from the 80's, but it'd have to be late spring. I'm not sure you'd want to wait until next summer to sell it :D.

Doesn't help that you've done a lot of work on it already... if you hadn't done the work on it, it almost would've been my perfect car. I'm really liking the sound of that GL, though...

Mummer, This is Tom in Virginia. I'm the guy who looked at the car for you and advised to buy it. I go back and forth about my Loyale too, but always decide to keep it. Excellent cheap transportation, easy repairs (mostly).

Buy a used truck. If one vehicle breaks down you have the other one as a backup. Who needs a new truck anyway, if it's being used for hauling stuff? As Click and Clack say, it's always cheaper to repair your old car than buy a new one.

Originally posted by Tom63050

Mummer, This is Tom in Virginia. I'm the guy who looked at the car for you and advised to buy it. I go back and forth about my Loyale too, but always decide to keep it. Excellent cheap transportation, easy repairs (mostly).

Buy a used truck. If one vehicle breaks down you have the other one as a backup. Who needs a new truck anyway, if it's being used for hauling stuff? As Click and Clack say, it's always cheaper to repair your old car than buy a new one.

Tom,

How's it going? Nice to hear from you again! Don't get me wrong, I really like my Loyale. Not having a payment is nice. Plus, it runs really strong and is great on gas.

I'm looking at a Toyota Tacoma TRD. I've always wanted one and I have the itch to get a new vehicle again. Even if I do get a truck, I may still keep the Loyale. I'm waiting to hear about a job that I applied for and if I get it, I'll get a really nice pay increase and I may just buy the Tacoma.

I'm hoping to hear about the job soon, I've been waiting since July.