Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CT Cookout..Who wants one?

I am just testing the waters here....Time for my yearly CT Subaru Cookout. I moved and now have a large yard...large house..private parking..and a garage....sure beats that tiny tiny studio apt...no parking and no yard.

Granted I am not as easily accessable as I was back in Danbury but I am still very very easy to find here in New Milford.I am roughly 1/2 hour north of my old place...

So does anyone want to do this??? Or should I just put it on the back burner till next year. ( I am feeling no love from my old crew already:-\ ) So if ya'll want me to have one lets toss up some dates....if not let me know.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Next weekend??

Connie,I just saw Lucky.Looks pretty good.The shop owner had a poor opinion of the rest of the sturcture,etc.. So I think it's eBay time.:-\

Do it soon and pretty much count on seeing Lucky one last time.

I just need to wrap up Harrisburg and get that PA wagon this weekend.

After that things look pretty flexible.

I just want one good blast this year,like OBX for a long weekend.Otherwise we'll be local on weekends all summer.

Next weekend??

quote]

Next weekend I am hanging with Rory at Marcus Dairy..he has like 60+ cars coming and some of us are meeting at his house before...This weekend he will have Bucky to do whatever he can do (hopefully get to the BIG hole in the rear quarters.

I have to get the time to go through my stash of stuff...still want to try and get the GLF in VA..the 5 spd one. If the part comes soon for my dirt bike and that fixes it..I may just turn around and sell it to get the GLF or something..car more important then dirt bike

Next weekend??

quote]

Next weekend I am hanging with Rory at Marcus Dairy..he has like 60+ cars coming and some of us are meeting at his house before...This weekend he will have Bucky to do whatever he can do (hopefully get to the BIG hole in the rear quarters.

I have to get the time to go through my stash of stuff...still want to try and get the GLF in VA..the 5 spd one. If the part comes soon for my dirt bike and that fixes it..I may just turn around and sell it to get the GLF or something..car more important then dirt bike

Oh....I forgot and thought Marcus Dairy was this weekend....so I might make that event then.

Let me know what you want to do on the fivespeed GLF.....I'm willing to help and there's LOTS to do down that way,as mentioned in the other post.I'll be tough on the housework I'm trying to get done but if I push real hard this coming week I'll be in the clear.

Talk to you soon.

OK going to toss up a date and see what happens since no one else is giving me any dates to work with..this doesnt work then I will just trash the whole idea this year cause I have a wedding to be planning in the next 2 months.

Aug 5th..thats 3 weeks

see how that goes

OK going to toss up a date and see what happens since no one else is giving me any dates to work with..this doesnt work then I will just trash the whole idea this year cause I have a wedding to be planning in the next 2 months.

Aug 5th..thats 3 weeks

see how that goes

Works for me.I'm there.

Let me know what to bring.

Right now I am waiting on Melis and Dave to see if this date is good for them..If it is its an all clear..As soon as I hear something I will figure something out....You guys have to see the awesome job Rory did on my rear quarters on Bucky..That man is my new GOD LOL.

how about Jesse? anybody here from him latly? i probly can convince Chris Fishums with his dual carb racer white hatch and John (aka backwoodsboy) to come with junkyardbrat.

i am also down to bring some food or drinks or cups or something:rolleyes:

Okay Okay...I have swayed a bit away from the puter (there is more to life than keystrokes LOL) Okay...I can't blow off Ozzfest, had that planned for months. Sooooo if I play my cards right I can do OF in Camden on Friday, cookout at your place Saturday then Sunday cheer the boys on at the track...talk about no rest for the wicked, but you love me that way LOL

John...we can always score a golf cart :burnout:

OK so we on for Aug 5th...cool!! Great I guess now I should do some yard work:brow: ..Looks like a mini MX track right now ( We have kinda been "playing" with the bikes in the yard...when someone asks I say we are "airating" the lawn).

Bring whatever you guys want just let me know so I can plan around...going to do the usual burgers,dogs,sausages....maybe we can sweet talk Dave into flaming bananas and her wonder corn;) ;) ;) Let me know what you guys want to drink etc.

Directions are pretty simple:

84 east to exit 7 north ( RT7 to New Milford,Brookfield) 4.7 miles you will come to a light...turn right..you will still be on RT7/202..7.2 miles...this is alot of single lane,construction mess and can sometimes have small delays...road will widen again and you will pass a Home Depot...then it will narrow again ..when it widens again (there will be a liquor store on your right) stay in right lane. On the right is a crappy Chrysler Dealer..just past the dealer turn right and go across the big grey bridge (Bridge Street). Immediately on the other side of the bridge ,turn left onto Youngs Field Road..road will run parallel to the river.( there are ball fields and kinda a industrial park on the road) At first stop sign (just past Agway) turn right onto Aspetuck Ridge Road. Go 1.3 miles to number 174 on right (Blue Ranch House on the corner of Aspetuck and Sand).Basicall you will pass a tennis court on the left..then some construction on the left.. then start looking on the right...I am just past a good turn. I have big numbers on my mail box but I will put something out at the road .

OK so we on for Aug 5th...cool!! Great I guess now I should do some yard work:brow: ..Looks like a mini MX track right now ( We have kinda been "playing" with the bikes in the yard...when someone asks I say we are "airating" the lawn).

Bring whatever you guys want just let me know so I can plan around...going to do the usual burgers,dogs,sausages....maybe we can sweet talk Dave into flaming bananas and her wonder corn;) ;) ;) Let me know what you guys want to drink etc.

Directions are pretty simple:

84 east to exit 7 north ( RT7 to New Milford,Brookfield) 4.7 miles you will come to a light...turn right..you will still be on RT7/202..7.2 miles...this is alot of single lane,construction mess and can sometimes have small delays...road will widen again and you will pass a Home Depot...then it will narrow again ..when it widens again (there will be a liquor store on your right) stay in right lane. On the right is a crappy Chrysler Dealer..just past the dealer turn right and go across the big grey bridge (Bridge Street). Immediately on the other side of the bridge ,turn left onto Youngs Field Road..road will run parallel to the river.( there are ball fields and kinda a industrial park on the road) At first stop sign (just past Agway) turn right onto Aspetuck Ridge Road. Go 1.3 miles to number 174 on right (Blue Ranch House on the corner of Aspetuck and Sand).Basicall you will pass a tennis court on the left..then some construction on the left.. then start looking on the right...I am just past a good turn. I have big numbers on my mail box but I will put something out at the road .

would like to attend. work first shift that day. thing is we are down 4 guys at work. if I get relief as posted I can leave and get their in a few hours (less if I do not get stopped). will keep in touch. need to get to one of these subaru parties and hang out.

OK Aug 5 for sure!! Whatever time you guys want to show is fine...Tommy is working on a CD for Doug...Bow Chicka Bow Wow!! ..Melis Dave and Rory know what I am talking about.;) ;) ;) Rory..can you make sure to tell Doug he is invited....Directions in another post..and questions or need numbers PM me.

Hope all works out and we will have the Vice Grips ready!..Let me know y'all want (burgers drinks etc etc)