Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If in Denver, go to Summit Auto -- OMG!! (with pics)

UPDATE: Second picture added below

I dropped off my car at a local builder I recently stumbled across. Before I saw the photos on the walls, he pulled me into the 5 lift shop and showed me a jaw dropping beast he's built that was on the lift for repairs from a recent test drive.

Complete frame lift of a chassis that may be a combo of several cars, all skins (doors hood fenders etc) were custom fabricated and painted a huge metal flake. There's a snorkled 550 hp Duramax engine in there with two computers. The lift is massive, the tires are massive, the visual design is awsome..I just can't describe it...... really cool form follows function not just some mechanical hacking. He built one even bigger than the one I saw on the lift. It's the coolest, biggest outback inspired offroad build I've seen seen in person, and he's local!

Drive down, and if it isn't there just look at the photos of that monster and the bigger beast he's built. He's at 1728 Helena 1 block east of chambers off colfax & chambers. I'll take a couple pix when I go down later this week.

This guy is over the top.

UPDATE:7-7-06 So..... does this qualify as over the top?

This is the view from the seat of my lifted gl wagon!

overtop.jpg

UPDATE:7-8-06 Well..... maybe that's not really over the top. How bout this one :eek:

overtop2.jpg

Nice grill - needs a few more lights though :rolleyes:

overtop1b.jpg

sounds pimp... how are his prices:grin:
Well....this was his own. He had 60 grand into it. Like I said, he's over the top.

I'll find out his prices when he fixes a couple mods on mine that aren't that good.

As far as pix, I had no clue he was that radical and I didn't have my camera. But I'll take some when I pick up the car this week.

--E

Complete frame lift of an outback body, all skins (doors hood fenders etc) of the outback were custom fabricated and painted a huge metal flake. There's a snorkled 550 hp Duramax

Sounds wicked, aside from the Duracrap :dead: Better than a Powerchoke but sure as $#($( ain't a Cummins (although in the interest of weight savings, a Cummins wouldn't be a wise choice, my 92 weighs like 1200lbs)

GET PICS!

His prices are fairly descent... I've used him before when I had my old Legacy wagon... I blew my motor and he was the one that did the new engine in it.

Overall I give him about a high B, his work is great, but some of the things he um does... is a little sketch.

BTW, I've seen his monster before... notice all the "Subaru" parts...:rolleyes:

I encourage moderators to move the thread wherever it needs to be.

I tend to hang out in "older generations" area, and there are a lot of people lifting and modding the old "metal". I've seen some pretty enthusiastic people there who do a lot of fun stuff without big budget. I just thought they'd enjoy seeing some crazy stuff by a subaru shop where budget isn't a concern.

Moderators moved it here. My thought is it most likely belongs in the offroad section since they probably have the greatest concentration of people interested in the topic.

.... Sounds wicked, aside from the Duracrap....sure as $#($( ain't a Cummins (although in the interest of weight savings, a Cummins wouldn't be a wise choice, my 92 weighs like 1200lbs)GET PICS!
Photo of duracrap posted. I was there yesterday. Turns out the bigger one (posted now too) has a Cummins.