Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newer Legacy and Head Gaskets

Guest DarrinCurtiss

i just bought an 03 Legacy sedan. I am very pleaseed with the car, but I have been reading about numerous problems with head gaskets. Does anyone know if this is still an issue with the 2.5 SOHC engine? Also, what are other weaks ares with the Legacy I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Guest bratman2

We also just bought a 2003 Legacy L SE with 5 speed and after much research I believe it was an excellent choice. All cars will have a certain amount of failures per so many thousand on the road. In research I found very few major failures on the 2000 and up models. I believe the Legacy might be one of the best sleeper purchases you could make for what they come with standard. The used Subarus always rate a good buy in Consumer Guide. Also we have a 93 Legacy with over 150k and every repair that has ever been done to the car, we have service history from 37k to present. Brakes,rotors and axles are all that have been replaced ever. Glenn Taylor.