Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Turbo manifolds

aftermarket ones ? preferably one that would let me bolt up a bigger turbo say out of WRX/STI. I heard Tech Works Engineering made them but I can't find any on their website and I sent them a few e-mails with no responce. Anyone know how to get one of their mani's or who else I could get one from ?

The only thing that I could tell you is to get an uppipe from a WRX and cut the mounting flange off. Then get whatever header you want(that will fit the EA82T), or have a custom one made, and have the flange welded in place. You might also want to have a flexpipe welded into the uppipe portion of the header to keep the welds on the flange from breaking loose(common to stock EA82T exhaust manifolds after adding a custom downpipe and exhaust system).

Patrick

aftermarket ones ? preferably one that would let me bolt up a bigger turbo say out of WRX/STI. I heard Tech Works Engineering made them but I can't find any on their website and I sent them a few e-mails with no responce. Anyone know how to get one of their mani's or who else I could get one from ?

Make friends with your local exhaust guys.

Personally, I am using the stock header with my TD04.

For the price of the TWE header I was able to get: A TD04, flange to mount it to the stock uppipe, a custom 2.5 inch turbo back exhaust and a little custom IC piping.

Not saying the header is bad.. But its not the only improvement one can make.

The ones on the 87.5 and later XT model years had much nicer "spider" type manifold. Came only on the 4 cylinder XT models with the "hot wire" MAF's so you'll need to convert to the "hot wire" injection system including the ECU.

The ones on the 87.5 and later XT model years had much nicer "spider" type manifold. Came only on the 4 cylinder XT models with the "hot wire" MAF's so you'll need to convert to the "hot wire" injection system including the ECU.

exhaust manifold ;)