Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Body lift on uni-body car¿¿¿¿

MaroonDuneDoom

Yeah, Adam has a real good image in his album that shows blocks in the propper location. Alot of people do not grasp the concept of a uni-body lift, but after you actually see a lift, or install one it becomes alot easier to understand.

A lift kit FAQ would be a great addition to the USRM. I was in the process of making an article with instructions on installing a PK Lift, but only got the front done.

-Brian

Yeah, John is working on lifts for EJ car's, so even the newer sube's will be able to be lifted.

When i was a kid, I had a friend with a father who had a CJ7 with a lift, and he worked in a off-road vehicle shop as a mechanic. When i asked him if a Subaru could be lifted, he said no way, no how... boy i wish I was still in contact with him so I can prove him wrong.

-Brian

I've been to Wyoming, stayed in Star Valley for a weekend.

That was the emptiest place I've ever been to. The Bonneville Salt Flats are more exciting than Wyonming. I know I'll never go there again if I have it my way.

Did you know it's the coldest State in the Continental US?

WCSS5 had at least one car from as far away as Indiana. 100 cars in all. . . or so.

coming from the outside 4X4 world before subes. when you do a suspension lift on a toyota, chevy ect. you put spacers in to drop the suspension components. when you do a body lift you add spacers between the body and frame. body lifts dont gain a lot in the way of ground clearance due to the fact that the frame is exactly where it started. vw bugs have body lifts that actually lift the shell off the pan a few inches. thats as close to a unibody lift as I know.

It would seem to me that what we do to lift a sube is more like a suspension lift than a body lift. body lifts are for trucks that dont really wheel usually. just makes more sense to me that way. ok im ready for the:argue: .

No.

It is a full fledged body lift as the suspension components do not go any where. The body is raised off of them. A suspension lift requires different springs (plus blocks in some instances)

The body lift does allow for larger tires in all cases. Which is where the extra clearance comes from.

Hey Zap, i have spent some time in Star Valley.....lets see like 18 years of my life......

Zap isn't lying when he says it sucks, cause it does. But strangly i miss it still. Well the fishing and mountains anyway. Not the people by any means.

Where in Star valley did you stay zap? And why in the hell where you so far from home?

sorry for the hijack....now back to your regularly schedualed program....

It would seem to me that what we do to lift a sube is more like a suspension lift than a body lift. body lifts are for trucks that dont really wheel usually. just makes more sense to me that way. ok im ready for the

I think you have a valid point, it is sort of a combination of the two because the frame is attatched to the body and it goes up as well. However, as much of a problem as people have grasping the concept of lifting a Subaru I like to keep the explaination as simple as possible.