Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics needed. hatch cargo cover string mounts

Talking about hatchbacks Mick? What do you need a pic of? Your hatch should have 2 small loops in the plastic that you hook the cargo cover to. My cargo cover has 2 hooks on each line, seems like with one setup you open just half the cargo cover and with another setup the entire cargo cover lifts when the hatch is open.

The clips near the seat that hold the cover and act as a hinge are broken on my hatch, so im gonna have to find another way to secure it before i can permanently use it.

I can run and get some pix for yah.

-Brian

Here you go mick:

Loop on the hatch:

DSC00884.sized.jpg

String Connected to Loop:

DSC00885.sized.jpg

String connected to cover:

DSC00887.sized.jpg

You can see in the 2nd image there are 2 hooks. If i connect it to the other hook, it will open the cargo cover even more when the hatch is open.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

-Brian

thanks! I need to get 2 new plastic eyes for the top, and I'm missing the short strings on both of the covers I have...

my hinge clips are also broken. Shawn and I saw a fix for this at one of the yards in Denver. The person had taken a small hose clamp, and bent it like an inch worm, and screwed the ends into the plastic. I'm gonna get some loops at the hardware store should work really slick....

Yeah i was shocked to see my loops still in place. I got this cargo cover from the junkyard a while ago... got it for a board member but USPS didnt like how i had it wrapped, so i couldnt ship it. Been holding onto it this whole time, and now that i got the hatch im glad i have it. Doesnt match, but no worries.

Im thinking of getting some mounts for pipe to use as the hinge on the back... you know, the u mounts with tabs on them, not sure of the technical term.

Im sure you can find something... maybe an eyelet from the hardware store, find one that is threaded and just bolt it in place.

Something like this:

XSH9.jpg

But a much smaller scale.

-Brian