Ultimate Subaru Message Board

re-arranging 80-84 bottom door panel for better sound

never really thought about doing it this way before...

the stock ones on my 86 Brat are muffled because they are blasting into the seat/covers...

84-hatch-2tone-door.jpg

(I'm in the process of switching to a gray interior :) )

How much room is in there? I forgot to check when I had my door apart to fix the latch last time. Does the window go all the way down with the speaker there?

If anybody here is good with fiberglass, you could probably make a copy of the driver's side molded plastic pocket with an enclosed top, and mount those to both sides to hold speakers.

I'm fighting this issue on my hatch now, I want to put a cd player in it, but I'm more used to finding room in full sized trucks.

How much room is in there? I forgot to check when I had my door apart to fix the latch last time. Does the window go all the way down with the speaker there?

If anybody here is good with fiberglass, you could probably make a copy of the driver's side molded plastic pocket with an enclosed top, and mount those to both sides to hold speakers.

I'm fighting this issue on my hatch now, I want to put a cd player in it, but I'm more used to finding room in full sized trucks.

the new ones I put in were 4" Pioneers, that replaced dead 4" Polk Audios

they were both the same mount depth, and it looked like I had room left over...

these are the ones...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7676268&type=product&id=1134702499270