Ultimate Subaru Message Board

POLL: "Overhaulin" pick a paint scheme

Update: 7-10 Seventh added by popular demand

Six paint schemes: Pick your favorite.

I already posted these (different thread name & subject) but I'd like everyone to chime in for a poll. Thanks in advance!!

This year marks 10 years this Beefaru's been good to me. Years of trips to see family in AZ and MT, and 9 years of hauling heavy music gear to gigs in the rockies as I gigged for a living. The last 12 months I've had a new career and its taken me to Hurricane Katrina (3 months) a wind storm in San Jose, Ca, and just recently 2 months in Indianapolis. We've been to 16 states now, and its been a reliable workhorse through all the changes the last 10 years.

I've saved enough to return the favor with a paint job to keep it on the road a while longer. Within a year I should have enough $ to get a new car and retire this one for seasonal camping/4wheeling subaru meet & greet fun. If I get a chance, I'll update the website with more pictures. --E

Stock paint only

1none.jpg

2006 outback style

2bot.jpg

Trim divides paint

3trim.jpg

Trim divides, without wheel flares

4trim_nowheel.jpg

Over the trim

5overtrim.jpg

#2 with mountains

6mtns.jpg

Update: and by popular demand.....#5 with mountains.

7overtrim_mtns.jpg

5 again (heh)

I think you should keep the trim, I think it's worth the dents and scratches it prevents, and gathering them is obviously not what you use your car for :burnout:

I started painting my old turbowagon like you are; I got some cans of the black bedliner and started giving it the ol' #5, and decided that the bedliner was not the way to go, so I grabbed another fender from the parts yard and erased it. Don't use the Duplicolor bediner in a can, folks.

It was going to look good though, with the black bedliner under the dark gray. I'm thinking about doing it again with this wagon...

I like number 4, but with the mountains... that way, the trim divides the mountains and the lower section.. and couldn't you make the mountains another color? i think that might look even better than the rest.

but, emphatically, number 4, plus the mountains. if you eliminate dividing it at the trim, then go with 5 plus mountains. the car has that character already, doesn't it? that character should be shown on its face, obvious for the world to see.

not to thread-jack, but "mountain" sure is a funny looking word, once you see it spelled out over and over.. same goes for saying it, for that matter...