Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Time for the FF-1 people to celebrate ....or be found :(

Anyone who even knows of anyone with an ff-1 sould contact me,or have the ff-1 owner contact me.

We've acquired a heap of ff-1 parts in that stash from PA.

Charlie who is part of the buying group owns a '71 ff-1 wagon and he's going to be very happy.But there's remainders that even good ol' Charlie won't be needing.

I realize that there hasn't ever been an actual owner with a roadworthy ff-1 on this board,but the time has come to let any ff-1 owners know what's here for them.

We also have some 360 parts but those will be tough to let go of.Andrew,who alegedly is still one third of the buying group :rolleyes: :-\ (it'd be nice to hear from you,Andrew) will likely gather as much 360 stuff as he can.There may be remainders but I'm negotiating/trading with Ed Parsil (360 God of Gods) and will probably send him what 360 items are left.Just keep it in mind and try us,it's worth it if you own a 360.Worst we can do is say no.

Parts are being inventoried a little at a time.Nothing is happening too quickly,but please let anyone know about this lot ASAP.I really don't want to move parts that I don't need into our next home.Thanks

I had one!

It was my first Subaru. Bought it for $100, back in 1978, from a neighbor lady. Spent an hour digging it out from under accumulated debris in her garage, pumped up the tires, and pushed it down the street to my house. Spent the summer of 78 fixing it up into somewhat roadworthy condition, after which I drove it for 5 years to college, and to work later.

Most people hated that car, but damn I loved it. I put steel belted radials on it, dual pipes with glasspacks, a Heathkit electronic ignition kit on it, and that car got 40mpg out of that little 1100cc engine. I'd still have it today, but that I just could not find parts for it. Too bad I didn't have the resource of this forum, or else I'd surely still have it on the road now.

Such memories... farewell my old Pokuntsu-San, wherever you are.

James

Did anyone ever end up picking up the one that was for sale in Tacoma last month?

Not sure.

I contacted the owner before and after they listed it and removed it.I never got a second callback.I asked him to pass along my info to the owner if he sold it,but haven't heard anything.

There's actually two ff-1's involved there.One is the young guy's and the other is in a garage of a lady doctor they know nearby.We're betting the doctors is more roadworthy.

I hope they surface someday.

Current ff-1 owners,enter and sign in,please. :D

So seriously folks....there's some ff-1 parts that'll be hitting the market NEW in original boxes,etc....so shake the tree if you think you've seen one around,etc.

Have any owner of ff-1's contact me.

There'll be '72-77 parts too for the A-22 and A-23 series cars you all know and love.

Thanks

here in aus my dad worked for the imp[orter of the FF1 back in 1969 and he had lots of parts he had to bring in to satisfy what he was selling, many years ago i tracked down the son of the importer to see what he had and he still had most of the parts he brought in( the cars rarly brokedown) i offered a some for all the parts he had at the time but knocked back my offer, one day if i get the chance i might retrace my steps and see if i can still find him and the parts. unfortunately im FF1 less but my bro has the 2 i had plus 2 of his own, not including all the one's we owned over the decades. By the way those FF1 pics i posted a while back are they still around.

Cheers Thierry

Wow,that's got to be the last hold of ff-1's on the planet other than the few scattered about.

The ff-1 wagon that sits in a barn pictured here in the last couple of months is still there.I talked to the owner and I'm trying to figure a way of getting it from their baqrn in the middle of nowhere to the shipping terminal cheaply.

The other ones pictured recently are either just old pictures or the one from the Tacoma WA area.That owner seems to have either sold that sedan,or decided to keep it.He hasn't spoken up here or replied to phone calls.

Your brother is now the King of ff-1's on planet Earth. :headbang:

I can see where the original Subaru dealers got stuck with much ff-1 parts....I'm buying a lot of it right now.

Did you folks have the 1000cc for very long?

The 1000,1100,and 1300's are all considered reliable by our experience here.We just don't have any 1000's now and 1100's are almost as hard to find now too.There's a handfull of 1300's still around,but I'd say less than a dozen running in cars.

oh i forgot to mention a freind of mine has 4 ff1's in his yard to including a low milage 1100 sports model and another guy i know has a low milage sedan in south australia he is going to restore when he gets back from the uk

and that is all i know that exists down under

oh i forgot to mention a freind of mine has 4 ff1's in his yard to including a low milage 1100 sports model and another guy i know has a low milage sedan in south australia he is going to restore when he gets back from the uk

and that is all i know that exists down under

Wow,that's the mother load.Well,I'm up late tonight....er,this morning,after going through just one box of goodies from this haul.There's a good amount of ff-1 items but I put them aside for Charlie,who owns a '71 wagon that came with an 1100 but he's replaced with a 1300.There's a set of front bumper gaurds that are probably the sweetest of the items I went through.

Long process,but certainly engaging.Every part I look up is its own little hunt.I now have the USA versions of all factory parts manuals from the 1968 "360" through 1979 laid out on the table.

Whatever there is for leftovers we'll gladly let go of at very fair rates.;)

Those remaining boxes will surely have more ff-1 parts than Charlie can use.And there's some exhaust too.

Keep your eyes open for me would you? My '73 1400 GL Coupe can use some help here and there.:burnout:

• 2 weeks later...
dang wish i had alot of parts becaue i would fix mine up

it is road legal and drivable.

But no brakes:(

and i also have some decals no sure what they go to though.

They are golden and i have a set

they say subaru 4 wheel drive.

But ff-1 are nice

Hey,you're back!

I'm going to seriously attempt to get that wagon.Only problem is you guys being so far from the transport company.

Yes,the ff-1's are mostly all gone here.