Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ABS Cable Mounting Tab

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blitz

blitz

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,091 posts
  • Warren, Michigan

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

Alright man. So I purchased a quad set of KYB GR-2 struts for my '00 OBS from my friendly, local KYB dealer and excitedly begin tearing into the job only to discover that the front pair aren't equipped with the required ABS cable mounting tab at the bottom.

Before returning them in exchange for the correct part, I log onto KYB's website to locate the correct part# in an effort to assist the hapless souls at the parts counter ...to discover what? :confused:

Well, simply that KYB doesn't offer a front strut for the first gen OBS w/ ABS. Say what? :-\ ABS was standard equipment on the OBS for a number of years.

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm a little soured on KYB at the moment ...apparently they're not the shiznit they're cracked-up to be.

**** ******!

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,633 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:07 AM

Just use zip ties.

#3 blitz

blitz

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,091 posts
  • Warren, Michigan

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:18 AM

Thanks Josh. That's pretty much what I'd settled on doing. I've got some weather/UV-resistant ties that the phone company uses to bundle cables with.

**** ******!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users