Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pop Quiz!: Name that Connector! ....

Anyway, POP QUIZ!! This is a 1990 Loyale Wagon EA82

Okay, so I am kinda curious. This comes out of the main cluster of wires out of the rubber grommet. Kinda looks like a connector for LIGHTs, but I know that’s not true ..

DSC00005.jpg

Anyone Seen this?

And while we’re at it, the BOOK says the yellow & black ones are Connectors III and Connector IV. It also says that there is a “Clear Code” connector - I can't tell if they mean ...

DSC00003.jpg

the white set ...

DSC00006-1.jpg

or the green set.

Anyone know which one it is? And what’s the other one? Always a bad idea to just connect them & find out, heh heh .. PFFT!!!! BBZZZZFT!! Always bad when you see puffs of smoke like those $16 each fusible links I blew when taking off the alternator. What a DORK!!! I should know better ...

look at the bottom of the hood... there should be a sticker that tells you that the green plugs are what you connect to disable the distributor advance in order to check the timing of the motor. it runs with them on, but it throws a check engine light.... it seemed to run a bit odd, but no too bad...

the others, i cant say, but i know that the green one is distributor advance.. the sticker under the hood should say something about it.