Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally got my hood vent done the way I wanted (pics)

Ok, this is my radiator, reclined mount like a Hummer. After fooling with a few hood scoops and other ideas that didn't get me what I wanted, I now have it just right. You can't see through the grill in the pic but just under the grill is the fan and radiator and behind that is the air intake. Nice cool air for both.

radnair.JPG

hood1.jpg

hood3.jpg

Not yet, problem is I don't have the full paint done. I shot the hood, fenders and cowl on the rack then installed them. I am shooting the doors as soon as I finish the sanding on them, electric blue top and herculiner bottom.

What I REALLY need is a freakin 82 and up roll bar like the one in your red BRAT. None to be found here.

i had the idea to do the same if i were to get an xt6 for the trashwagon. but i would mount my rad to the hood itself.

anyway, very nice, its cool to see a working examole of such an adea.

is the mesh a pre existing ventailation cover or a custom unit?

Was just thinking that a Lazer Red scoop would look good sitting up there.

Thinking of painting mine Blue, with the Lazer Red for the body of the Horizon and Targa Stripes. Then do some pin stripes in Silver and Gold in the Stripes.

Buddy of mine can do wonders with an air brush.