Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You know your a Redneck..........

Turbone

When you use garden edging for fender flares:D

fenderflare1.jpg

fenderflare2.jpg

fenderflare3.jpg

I posted these over in the Meet n Greet/EC thread, but decided to post them again here. They are screwed on with sheet metal screws and washers to the inner lip of the wheel wells. Not much material there either. They bend very easily and if they tear off, oh well.

• Like 1

(puts on Pirate 4X4 mask)

That's such booty fab.

(mask off)

Sweet. Disposable flares!!!!

Tear offs!

Even Zap commented when he noticed them up at EC Sat.

The car is already camo green Pat:confused:

You all should know by now that I'm partial to black :rolleyes:

...The car is already camo green Pat:confused: ...

Pics look decidely not-green. :-\ Have to teach you to use photo-editing software... or at least white-balance on your digi-cam.

Cool flares. Do they reach far enough down in the back to keep WSP out of your hair? ( A buddy got hassled because his bumper was above the centerline of his hubs (barely), requiring him to have mudflaps.)

That's weird. It sure looks camo green on my monitor.
You on LCD or CRT? Old CRT's seem to always go off color. Most of the time you just get used to it. If a LCD is off color thats how it came. The paint on his car looks greyish with a touch of green.. the flairs look muddy black. I use a LCD btw.

But that look good, match your rig's look perfectly.. But now you can't get your car as muddy! :(

dell 2005FPW LCD(20.1 inch widescreen).
Show off :-p haha..

Nah, I see it's camo, I see it's green.. But didn't GD refer to the flairs as should be bright green?

EDIT: I could buy a whole Subie for the price of a 20" Dell! :-p

Ok ok, puter talk belongs in OT:D

The edging cost me about $12, well worth the cost. I'm not going for looks, its to keep me from getting more added to the fix-it ticket I will probably get when I get stopped for not being street legal. As it stands now, I'm to high for my GVW, and the bumper is too high for my GVW.

Wasnt much mud where I was at last Sat, but what I did run into didnt get splashed much on the sides. So yeah, they do keep some mud off...unfortunalty:-\

OT indeed. How did we get from a couple $$ of plastic edging to esoteric screens... Oh yeah, my 12 year old monitor shows green grass but magenta/bluish Hatch. :rolleyes:

Rob, I did not know that there were regs regarding bumper height and car height vs. GVW. I guess they get ignored alot 'round here. (Lots of 'yotas that I want to push over on their side. :lol: )

Lol, yes, this much computer talk is a bit much. Anyway.. anything to keep you legal(looking) :) Looks like it does the job. Just don't draw attention to your self on the road (like I do.)

Oh, and that is a pretty good camo job, but what if you walk away from your car?

Lol, yes, this much computer talk is a bit much. Anyway.. anything to keep you legal(looking) :) Looks like it does the job. Just don't draw attention to your self on the road (like I do.)

Oh, and that is a pretty good camo job, but what if you walk away from your car?

My Sooby radar is fine tuned:D I keep it parked on the side of the house next to a tree and fence. Nobody even notices it:rolleyes:

A soon as I hit the road, its a different story. It gets noticed by alot of folks, it really sticks out. I think I will be repainting it in Urban Camo (black, grey, white)