Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Virginia ?s

This might need to be in a different section. I am getting ready to change my duty station (USAF) and was just wondering if I should sell my 90 Loyale wagon in AK and buy one there or have the military ship it? I have a 5sp dr for the swap so I'm good there. I was just asking if subarus are in abundence there, near Langley. Thank you.

I would say it depends how good of condition what you have is in? Out there on the east coast you will be more likely to find cars with rust etc.. I'm not sure where Langley is.. Mapquest is telling me there is two in VA. But if I were you, I would see what is on craigslist and autotrader etc for the area you are going to be.. kind of get a feel for the market..

It depends on what Generation do you want?

EA82 cars are not as abundant. EJ cars are more abundant.

It all depends. If you want an EJ car, sell it and use the money to get one.

Otherwise keep it and have it shipped. Atleast you know the history of the car.

Good luck the move and enjoy the better weather.

Oh.. watch out for August. it's hot and humid.

BW

It's doubtful if you'll find a better Subie in VA... "Land of Fords and Chevys"... I have never seen so many "8"s stuck on trucks and cars in my life, and we have a rather surprisingly heavy NASCAR following here.

I show my Subies and never get looked at... unless there's a Foreign Stock or Special Interest class... then the judges look at them... but only under duress. LOL!