Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got a little muddy...

strat

well, since the northeast meet was postponed, i decided to go out with my buddy (yj on 31's) wheelin' anyways. found some new trails and had a blast. got pretty muddy and surprised myself with how capable a subaru can be. highlights include a romp through thick mud probably about one and a half feet deep, a pretty gnarly trail with washouts and a stream crossing, and the demise of my exhaust (not that i really liked it anyways) i will have more pics and a vid or two as he had his camera/vid camera along.

these are just the aftermath...

cae81228.jpg

b0e5e4e3.jpg

and notice anything missing?

9e17ad50.jpg

a before pic for comparison...

ea01f39f.jpg

well... previous owner jerry-rigged the muffler on with a piece of straight pipe, some clamps, and a coat hanger so the exhaust has always been the lowest point on the car. today ended it when i accidently backed into a tree when i was in a tight spot... dented the muffler and the clamps didn't really want to hold to well so i removed it when i got home (i'd rather take it off then have it fall off when going down the road)

it's kinda funny... i backed into a tree with my exhaust... bumper NEVER touched the tree... yea... :banghead::lol:

the good news... now my exhaust goes back up in the stock hangers and i have regained some ground clearance :clap:

the vid was of the deeper mud. as for the exhaust, at the time that photo was taken, it was already banged up and hanging down ;)

pic wise, i didn't have my camera along. and besides, it's kinda hard to take pics of yourself doing things in the mud :-p