Jump to content


Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse
 

Photo
- - - - -

Bu bye blown engine, hello high compression!


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

    USMB Drunk

  • Members
  • 6,903 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

For the past week, I've made a lot of progress on my RX. Well lets start from more of the beginning of this engine swap. A month or so ago, I lost the oilpump in my stock EA82T engine, which was in my '89 RX. Decided it didn't like me so it took the engine with it as well. Everything from metal shavings to pieces of piston/block came tumbling out when I dropped the oilpan. Bad day. So I was going to get another EA82T block together I had as a spare and it has a bad rod bearing. Bah... So I keep looking. Well last weekend, I noticed I had a new-to-me EA82 wagon. '91 Loyale with SPFI! The reason for its demise... a blown timing belt. I got it pulled last weekend and have spent the past week tearing it down and getting it ready for all of my goodies. Today, I finally got the longblock put back together with my rebuilt gen 2 turbo heads, extra cam cases which I had installed my Delta 260 cams into, rebuilt lifters, and all new gaskets. Now I'm going to install both of my new front and rear main seals, get my clutch and new lightened flywheel on there, and drop it in. Hopfeully, by next weekend, I'll have it either running, or close to it. I'm hopin to have it running and driving again so I can take it down to Denver on August 13th for the Redrocks meet that awdpirates is having. Woohoo... high compression, new header, fuel items and much much more!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users