Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Met my 1st real life Subaru-nut yesterday

Well, i guess it wasnt my 1st, since ive met alot of USMB members. But last night was the 1st time in my life I was approached by another Subaru Owner and actually held a decent conversation regarding subaru's.

I was at my friend's house, and comming back from the store. We were both in my Brat. When I parked in front of his house, a white '95 Legacy LSi pulled up next to me, and the driver yelled "That car isn't going to be for sale anytime soon, is it??"

Of course I said no :) I complimented his Legacy, and we started yacking away. Turns out, the guy is from Nevada, and he has two '87 RX's, both 3 doors. He said he has owned quite a few subaru's. I gave him the address to the USMB (REALLY wish i had some business cards, hope he remembers USMB.net) and hopefully we'll see him online. He had mentioned he plans on moving to Oregon, i had to mention Richie and John. I think he was suprised to find out he's not the only one.

:)

-Brian

Yeah, people today get a much bigger shock than I did. When I was searching the net for other Subaru Junkie's (no pun intended), I only found like two or three others. Todd (subaru3), BillyC, and Geoffrey. Then over the course of the last 6 years the whole cult experience has exploded onto the scene. It's pretty good too, cause now I don't have to make as many parts as I used to!!

Oh yeah, I got approched by this guy last night, asked if I wanted to buy a Brat. I don't have the cash for it right now, but he's going to get back to me with all the details later this week, it's like his father-in-law thats selling it, but if anyone is interested, I'll pass on the info.

I'd jump on a set too! :banana::brow::burnout:

A customer in a blue early 80's 2wd wagon came in today, 200k miles, some rust, but in good shape over all. He also had a 99 legacy with 300K miles on it! :slobber: Told him about the board etc. nice to know I'm not the only suby nut here in AZ. :brow:

• 11 months later...

I met a subaru nut today, she was an old woman, who asked me if I could check her oil for her in the parking lot. I helped her, and asked her if she likes her subaru (it was a silver ea82 gl10 sedan). She goes "OH Do I Ever!" Really shocked me to see an old lady get so excited about her car which you'd think to an old lady would be just another means of transportation. Turns out she's had nothing but subarus for the last 28 years! this is her 4th one, and her 84 hatch lasted her 500,000km!

I don't know any. My father doesn't qualify, he only worked sube for 3 yrs. toys for 10. No one understands why the brat is so cool if i can't even speed without worrying (parkinglots excluded). It's better that way..but then again, i got pulled over for "overaccelerating" in a completely stock '92 SW automatic!

I too, find salvation and reasurrance that there are others, in USMB

I met a subaru nut today, she was an old woman, who asked me if I could check her oil for her in the parking lot. I helped her, and asked her if she likes her subaru (it was a silver ea82 gl10 sedan). She goes "OH Do I Ever!" Really shocked me to see an old lady get so excited about her car which you'd think to an old lady would be just another means of transportation. Turns out she's had nothing but subarus for the last 28 years! this is her 4th one, and her 84 hatch lasted her 500,000km!

yeah same down here there is a older Couple that has a 83 GL Turbowagon that they bought new and it looks brand spanking new still IIRC it only had like 60k miles on it :eek:

We get to talking and found out that he is always asked if he is willing to sell it and assured him that I wouldn't ask cause of after talking with him enough he is like me with my 76

even though a large sum of money or a new WRX (or JDM STi) would make me part ways with it in trade :)

and I am still meeting alot of subaru nuts that are and are not on the board (at least not at the time lol)

I was in Discount a few months ago getting some tune-up stuff for the XT (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) and as I was waiting in line, the guy in front of me was asking for parts and I heard him mention Subaru...

Now I'm normally a very quiet and reserved individual, you usually have to talk to me first. But this time I couldn't help myself :) I asked him what kind of Subaru he had, and he said he had an 86 Turbowagon. Since I wanna build one of those, I asked if it was 4WD, but he said it was FWD. Rats!

But yeah he said his valves were tapping and he was ordering an oil pump seal kit. I told him he was on the right track, and I pointed out the mickey mouse seal that always goes bad, and I think I offered him a couple other tips. He said the car had 125k on it and I said that's barely broken in :)

I mentioned our URL, but I don't think he remembered it. He thanked me for the tips.

But yeah it was cool to meet someone else with a Soob, especially here in Orlando FL which is a Subaru desert.