Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need:83brat fuel pump

if it is carbed, autozone or your nearest auto parts house, would have one, it is just a standard 4 - 7 psi fuel pump. sometimes the prices are around 15 to 20 bucks. try that option, if i had one that i knew was good, god would only know where it was in my garage, as things are in boxes and stacked floor to celing. i am fixing to go next weekend to pick up an 83 brat myself, my next project. hhhmmmm what shall it become. ej22t or another ea82t options options decisions decisions. what to do with it.

http://usmb.net/gallery/albuo84 is my last project, not finished yet, but itching for another and when the brats come, you have to jump or miss them. would prefer a gen one. anyone wanna trade ?

The original pumps tend to be pretty weak after so many years I have found. Grab a carter pump:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CRT%2DP4070

Pretty cheap, and extremely durable. Also - these will supply a weber much better than a stock pump that is old and weak. My subaru pump had lean-out issues when I turned left.... and it's delivery rate was pathetic - barely a trickle!

GD

I have a used one but I would say go for a new one from Subaru.I know it's more but it works and only cost $53(I do get a frequent customer discount).

Even a new one from the stores would be more recommended than my used one.You can have mine used one for $5 plus shipping if you want it.But of you're in a hurry I'm not the guy to deal with right now.I'm way behind on getting stuff out.