Ultimate Subaru Message Board

junkyard score! a small one at least..

and down here, in south florida, the land of drive-it-till-it-LITERALLY-falls-apart, any little scrap is appreciated :- )

just got back from my two nearest boneyards, and found a total of 6 soobs.. two legacys, uninterested.. and one front wheel drive, automatic, 87 XT6.. thought THAT was odd.... (dang, i shoulda checked the seats!!!) I found three EA82 vehicles.. one AT FWD wagon, one AT FWD sedan (loyale) and one pushbutton AWD AT gl sedan. Im going out on a limb here and assuming that all of these radiators are the same as the one in my 87 gl-10 fwd at.. all three speeds... because im looking for a radiator. there should be literally no differences, right? im also thinking of a starter and FI components. all were NA, spfi ea82s...

ANYHOW.. my score was this.. in the trunk of one of the sedans i found a distibutor cap and set of spark plug wires, new in boxes, in a bag!!! yah, nothing major, but for two bucks, you cant beat it. they look like they just came off the shelf. i couldn't find a stock subaru screwdriver though... ive ALWAYS looked thru soobs in the boneyard for those, because they are such great screwdrivers.. the phillips head side fits so many screws that it shouldnt seem to....

anyway, just thought id get a couple quick confirmations. thanks

shawn

can't confirm but good score! i just had a little score at boneyard. found a blus set of those interior door handle trim pieces for my '84 wagon in MINT i really mean MINT condition! so many are all dried out and cracked and start getting that "flaking off." i have never come across a set this nice. not dried out either. but good score for 2 bucks!! oh yeah and those screwdrivers are great! i use mine for everything.

XT radiators have minor-but-annoying differences from the sedan and wagon (XT6 has larger inlet/outlet. too), but all of the EA82-style sedans and wagons share a common radiator design.

edit: Your GL-10 probably came with a 2-row-core radiator, whereas most others will only have single-row-core.

pretty sweet man.. i need a new disty cap and wires..i went to the junker this morning hoping to find some peugeot alloys but i ended up finding this

DSC00020.jpg

the things straight out of road warrior! but thats not wut i found...

DSC05555.jpg

i put it on my BRAT but im thinking about painting it black

awesome truck! did you poke around inside it?

i wish i could but was too high up there. but i dont think i would want to.. might set off the missiles by accident... also there was this little gem.

DSC00021.jpg

it had bigger rims welded on the the smaller set on the inside. oh and dont forget about the spikes on the outer rims

naw just the san fernando JYs. there used to be a turbo brat with a trailer hitch for the rear. but u know how JYs are.. there one day gone the next. good thing i took one of the T-top latches.:grin: the PAP over there had a bunch of subes..well at least more than i ever saw at a PAP. today i saw a wagon ( the one that i got my brush guard and hill holder off of) and there was a ea82 wagon. there also was a hatch back. got my hill holder cable and grille off of.

Like NW says, the XT radiators are different. They are a bit wider than DL, GL, Loyale radiators and will not fit without serious surgery.

Sucks, 'cause I parted out a '85 EA82 XT and have a damn fine ALL METAL radiator that I can't use:mad:

• 6 years later...

Cool find, wonder what those missles are made from. The best thing I ever found in a yard was a set of Knipex pliers in a trunk of a car, best pliers i ever owned! I was in sears last month and discovered that they now they make them for craftsman, and are real Knipex, only branded "craftsman" black handled w/ red stripe. I highly recomend them to anyone, well worth the price - about 40% cheaper in price than the true red handled knipex ones