Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Here are some pics off how far the paint job went, there just working on the rear, because i can't afford to do the entire car paint job. Here you go. They are changing the entire rear body panels with OEM subaru parts. And there are cutting out the rust. Oh and it's a 93 leg wagon(guess you can notice). By the way the work was done at vt's auto collision shop.

post-9862-136027616946_thumb.jpg

post-9862-136027616952_thumb.jpg

post-9862-136027616955_thumb.jpg

post-9862-136027616957_thumb.jpg

post-9862-13602761696_thumb.jpg

Here are some pics off how far the paint job went, there just working on the rear, because i can't afford to do the entire car paint job. Here you go. They are changing the entire rear body panels with OEM subaru parts. And there are cutting out the rust. Oh and it's a 93 leg wagon(guess you can notice). By the way the work was done at vt's auto collision shop.

Looks great!! You will have a very nice J built subaru when they are finished!

<<How easy is it to get the backpanels out of the car? And then to remove that window??>>

the quarter panel has to be cut out because it is welded in from the factory. i don't know but it sounds like alot of work and $$$$ for a car that old. but hopefully all the lines will be straight when there done.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok im back, and the shop called, lol im broke. They said new price $2500CDN!!!! So anyway they said they did 7 coats of paint:eek:!! why? they said it didnt blend(wtf) so they charged me 2500 and the car isnt even fully painted!!!! AWWW !! Only the rear quaters are painted and thats all. And they were replaced. Well im going to pick it up tommorow, we will see how she looks and ill get a pic of 7 coats of paint:eek::eek: and remember:headbang:

OK so i saw the car, spent 2000 but now i need to paint the rest off the car which doesnt have rust so its real simple but i need to save up. That rear fender he did looks perfect, and he paint the mould silver when it was suppost to be black but its looks way better, ill show pics on monday.

Ok it's sitting in my driveway now after paying $2800 with tax :-\. But its looks 999999999999999999999x better when before with rust holes and etc. And now they added a silver strip. I just woke up, but in another oh, 1 hour ill take some pics. Just to bad i cant show the before pics off the car. But ill do some thing with paintshop. Looks like a new car almost, just need to paint the rest:mad:. Well the main thing is the rust is all gone, no big rust holes or nothing. And we learned the hard way by not ever rust proofing the vehicle.

That is a true labor of love. I bought a cherry rust free 93 wagon with 122k miles for my daughter for $1850, only had to do one axle in a year. Good luck with your million dollar baby!:clap:

Seems like 1 million, well i have spend 3000, plus 2000 because off dumasses at transmission shop who screwed up my abs sensor and a bunch of other crap, and 600 in tires, and 2800 yesterday for a rust fix up, now another 2000 and it is a brand new car, with a 300,000km engine. And these prices at Canadian and with tax, without tax its not that bad.

Seems like 1 million, well i have spend 3000, plus 2000 because off dumasses at transmission shop who screwed up my abs sensor and a bunch of other crap, and 600 in tires, and 2800 yesterday for a rust fix up, now another 2000 and it is a brand new car, with a 300,000km engine. And these prices at Canadian and with tax, without tax its not that bad.

$3000

$2000

$ 600

$2800 =

-------------

$8400???

did i add this up right?

lol, i should have, these people who did just the rust work and painted it seemed to have make like marks as if dust were on the metal while they painted it, and i see little white dots all over my rear door, on the inside and OUT!! im calling the guy, not 100 percent satified with service after paying 2800!!! on a car worth 2000!!!

I learned my lesson on a Volvo 122S I was attached to. Paid 2K for a beautiful paint job [20 years ago!] but the prep was obviously inferior and it was rusting through within a year. Had to let her go.

I learned my lesson on a Volvo 122S I was attached to. Paid 2K for a beautiful paint job [20 years ago!] but the prep was obviously inferior and it was rusting through within a year. Had to let her go.

Well we got brand new panels, and as long as the frame isnt rusting and it's being rust proof it shall live on.

Dude, if you have too much money, I need some. $6K would help out. PM me for my address.:banana::banana::banana:

No im dead broke, well my parents are:banana: but not good, want to get my rc cars going! lol, maybe u could send me 20 for a new pullstart:lol:. Dont worry just invest in a crappy 0.000001 penny stock then u will win big bucks, but in $10 for shares and you might get back $1000000!! THINK you need to COMPROMISE!

No im dead broke, well my parents are:banana: but not good, want to get my rc cars going! lol, maybe u could send me 20 for a new pullstart:lol:. Dont worry just invest in a crappy 0.000001 penny stock then u will win big bucks, but in $10 for shares and you might get back $1000000!! THINK you need to COMPROMISE!

F compromise. I still haven't gotten you my address.

Ok it's sitting in my driveway now after paying $2800 with tax :-\. But its looks 999999999999999999999x better when before with rust holes and etc. And now they added a silver strip. I just woke up, but in another oh, 1 hour ill take some pics. Just to bad i cant show the before pics off the car. But ill do some thing with paintshop. Looks like a new car almost, just need to paint the rest:mad:. Well the main thing is the rust is all gone, no big rust holes or nothing. And we learned the hard way by not ever rust proofing the vehicle.

Ok well it has been more than a hour since i left this reply, lol, so one sec,(couple more hours lol) let me grab my camera.