Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Going to an auction Saturday :)

Estate Auction of Property & Vehicles

Saturday, November 8th @ Noon

10797 Southwold Rd. Des Moines, Iowa (Just south of SE 5th & County Line Rd) >map

4.35 acres (approx.) of property with house & outbuildings in rough condition, just south of Des Moines with excellent development potential. For legal description, taxes, etc. log onto assessor site at http://www.warrencounty-ia.org and type in address or contact auctioneer. Winning bidder will pay 5% non-refundable deposit with balance due at closing. Property being sold in "as is" condition and final bid is subject to approval by the executor.

We will also be selling approx. 20 stored vehicles including 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe; 1955 Plymouth; 1956 Ford; 1960, 67, 68 & 69 Fords;1984 Chev. S-10 pick-up; 7 different Subarus from the ‘70s; 1966 Rambler; 1976 Dodge Swinger; antique tractor & other vehicles. Many of the vehicles have been stored for over 20 years, some are in great shape and others need lots of work. The older vehicles were running when they were stored.

There will be some building materials and whatever we find in the outbuildings, basement & storage. Very interesting sale, who knows what we will find!

Okay, we "all" get together and pool our money. Shawn and or Mick does the bidding for us. Then after the legallities are abated. We have an USMB "super auction". I know, I know,,,,, you've had enough beer tonight Tom. But think of the possibilities here. Old cars in general, and Subaru's to boot. I mean, come on guys!!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!

okay... I'll post pics later....

all were DL/GL line. no ff-1s

73 wagon

74 coupe

3 sedans (74-76)

3 wagons (75-78)

also found a set of 4 of the 1974 Sport Mags and 2 of the shadow mags...

I'm now the owner of the 73 and the 6 alloys :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOLY TOLEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw this post..........Mick!!!!!!!!!! Talk to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little excited............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was an old guy that lived alone there... I'm guessing he drove them at some point. his place was fairly wooded, so he just parked them. 4 of the soobs were under a home built carport, the others were out.

house was really ratty. would need to be burned down and dozed... would have been nice to have the 4+ acres though....

all the soobs were sold. initial inspection by me deemed them all crusher material. the newest one (78 wagon) had a hole the size of a floormat in the passenger side front floor, etc.... most had the normal fender rot.... and rocker rot...

then I spied the tailgate! :clap: :clap: My son wanted me to get the coupe, but the floor in it were way too bad...

I got thetailgate one though because it was in the best shape of them, and had an awesome basket roof rack on it.

I also go the alloys that were there. one other guy (maybe 2) bought up the rest of the soobs.

if they (soobs) would have been in better shape, I would have gotten them all, and tried to find a place to store them, but they were too far gone.

I hope to have the 73 home in the next few days to get a better look at it...

You know I'd love that wagon Mick....talk to me bud!!!!

I'll work out a roadtrip,somehow.As long as it isn't falling apart I don't care about holes.THe thing will be for fun and will never be a true resto...but who cares?

It looks decent enough for a base.

looking like no road trip Andrew....:boohoo: Mick reports vehicle as too rotted.I'd still like to sawzall the rear for the hatch/drop gate.Mick says the gate is rotted though.Looked good enough in the picture for refurb but pics don't always show all the detail.