Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Body Kit for ea82

I have been an owner of a 88 ea82 wagon for 3 years until i blew the motor, so now i am looking for a new one.....i had it dropped on the ground, shaved all the body lines and the side moldings, and i had a huge stereo system in it.........but in my search i have gone through 3 nissan 240sx's, 2 corolla ae86's and 2 datsun 510's and have noticed alot of similarities between the corolla ae86 and the ea82......i have not had a chance to actually fit anything up yet but i have checked all the dimensions and clearences but all dimensions are within 1/2"-1" between the two cars....i put a photoshop image as my avatar of what i imagine it to look like.....honestly i think it will look real nice but i have to get another wagon before i can tinker with the fitment and prototype if any so let me know what you think of this idea.....thanx

I have been an owner of a 88 ea82 wagon for 3 years until i blew the motor, so now i am looking for a new one.....i had it dropped on the ground, shaved all the body lines and the side moldings, and i had a huge stereo system in it.........but in my search i have gone through 3 nissan 240sx's, 2 corolla ae86's and 2 datsun 510's and have noticed alot of similarities between the corolla ae86 and the ea82......i have not had a chance to actually fit anything up yet but i have checked all the dimensions and clearences but all dimensions are within 1/2"-1" between the two cars....i put a photoshop image as my avatar of what i imagine it to look like.....honestly i think it will look real nice but i have to get another wagon before i can tinker with the fitment and prototype if any so let me know what you think of this idea.....thanx

sweet man i am trying myslef to fit up something to my 88 gl sedan . first i was trying to get some stock parts but no luck there.lookin like i will have to find the toyota like you are saying to get what i am lookin for. maybe i will get lucky on the stock stuff. hope you find that wagon and welcome to the usmb. :headbang:

A lady friend of mine has an ae86 and I was thinking the same thing... it just never occurred to me to actually think about putting her ground effects kit onto a Subie... hum... maybe I'll borrow her car for a day or two...:rolleyes:

Another idea would be to add the RX ground effects kit to your wagon.

+1 for pictures of your old wagon!!!

:headbang: i wish i had pix of the old one but it was kinda my lil experement slash toy slash pizza delivery vehicle so i didn't think i would miss it too much....but as any subie owner knows they grow on you like a hump on a hunchback....but one thing about the bodykit from the corolla is that it requires that you cut the front fender in front of the wheel due to how the "bumper" wraps around......it would have to be cut and the you would have to bend the metal so that the "bumper" would have a place to bolt up to, and the same would have to be done in the rear.....more, much more work is needed for the rear at least for the wagons due to the part that is under the taillight but the sedans not as much work is needed due to the difference in bumpers......also i had a stock lip add on kit on my corolla from a mid 80's model nissan 200SX model with the V-6....it matched up beautifully on the corolla and i am 99% sure it will fit on the subie too if anyone wants to try it out....i picked up that kit for around $20 in arizona.......and oh yeah.....man i type soo much cuz i am excited about talking to ppl with the same interest :banana: but i had an air dam on my old wagon that i forgot about....it was off of an 86 mitsubishi starion turbo model it fit almost perfect but was about 1 inch too wide on each side when centered so i cut out the necessary amount in the middle and fiberglassed it back and it bolted on really nice, but i had to cut the fender to make it fit just like the corolla bumper idea due to it being a 3-piece wrap around air damn but yeah so if you have any questions just hit me back.......and thanxs for really showing interest...:headbang:

oh yeah and i forgot, i also was going to but never did experement with the front fenders from the starion.....i had them but i didn't have a welder to custom fab but i wanted to do the boxy flared look all around with the Starion wheels because they fit the 5 lug subie pattern so i would have a wide body wagon dropped on some deep wheels.....hopefully i get a welder soon and hopefully someone can help a subie find a happy home with me for cheep......(hint hint if anyone knows email me) but yeah.....joe