Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subarubicon Vid ROCKS!!!!

subynut

Awsome video guys! :slobber: Loved it! he he......had the whole family watching it! My mom kept saying "WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO DO TO THOSE SUBIES? ARE THEY NUTS?" Of coarse we are!!! Subies ROCK!!! :headbang:

BTW, who owns the red one? I liked the gearing it had.

Qman, you need better gearing. How often to you replace that clutch?

And that hatch looked like it was about to fall over, but never did! how'd U manage that?

Cool guys! Makes me want to modify mine! :brow:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Why do I need better gearing? I made it everywhere they did(with less damage BTW). I have the same clutch in it that went in when I did the motor. I like the challange of being stock geared. Anyone can climb a rock with modified crawler gears. Do some thing like that with the stock gears and then you'll have done something.

You know where I live Brian, come on by and grab a copy, I still have a few.

Snowman, chairotsu@earthlink.net to talk about how to get you a copy.

Zap

side note*****

I got the dvd burner to work!! Managed to burn some footage onto a dvd that plays on my home dvd player!! Another week's worth of editing, should have it somewhere near done.

Wow Ken! I'm impressed, same cluch, U are eazyer on it than I am:-p I think it's VERY cool that U did the 'con with stock gears and only 4" lift:cool: Your Brat is my wagons hero:headbang:

I think my cluch is about 1/3 gone, and Iv'e only got 5months on it:eek: Between the turbo, and my heavy left foot I'm shocked I haven't snaped a rear stub yet.

Oh, I 've done that(snapped a stub) and even smoked the clutch. But they are forgiving. The new motor is really torquey(?) and does quite well.

I do have to work harder sometimes but I still make it and makes for a lot of satisfaction. I have experienced the crawl geared thing and to be truthful. I was bored to death. Give me a Brat or Hatch with a set of Swampers and I'll make it and be very happy.

Sorry 4 the delay, life got in the way. :-\

I kinda like the idle though approach instead of the ride the clutch then jump on the binders. I guess I've been around too many stock f250s with granny gears. :eh: Hope I didn't step on any shoes. Although, I was surprised how well 27" (I think that's what U'r runnin) tires on stock gears did.

soobme: That's ok, my clutch is about shot and I've had it about.......... a year.:slobber: Course, have U ever tried to smoke all 4 on dry pavement in 4hi? Didn't work.:banghead: 4K rpm, :brow:WOT, droped the clutch, DOH! :dead: Only thing smoking, my CLUTCH! :( Oh twell, Ya live and and ya learn.

I was just thinkin, if mr automatic had an extra 2:1, I think the auto would have worked! Ok, ok, I'll B quiet.

I'd be happy with around 2 to 2.5:1 low range instead of 1.5:1. But yeah crawling get's boring, unless you are on serious inclines. My friends f150 has a 3.7:1 1st gear and a 2.4:1 transfer case, and 4.11 gears. It'll go turtle-speed up ANY hill it can keep traction on, without even touching the gas. A bit of cool factor, but my attention span can't handle it for very long. Rocking back and forth and riding the clutch gets annoying too.