Ultimate Subaru Message Board

VW code P1127: what to check?

porcupine73

Not sure where to post this, but a co-worker has a '98 VW, I think Passat, gasoline, turbo. He just started getting sometimes when taking off from a stop some very rough running and kind of bucking feeling with like no power. He says if he applies throttle really slowly then he can get going. Once moving it seems to be OK; mostly just when getting on the throttle after being at closed throttle does there seem to be a problem. He got a check engine light the other day (after which he said it ran much better), but the light went off by itself and the problem is back. His mechanic said he couldn't duplicate the problem.

So on lunch I went out and read the codes with my Actron and it came back P1127 which I think is VW specific code bank 1 rich or something.

Any VW knowledgable members have any suggestions on what to try/check? Some google search said there was a TSB for this code that could occur if the oil filler cap wasn't on right or maybe fuel regulator high pressure issue. Thanks in advance! :):banana:

The used car lot I worked for had a thing for passats and jettas around those years... one problem I saw more than once was the vacuum hose going to that fuel pressure gets frayed/torn/collapsed, etc.. which would cause your "too rich" condition at idle and cruising speeds.. easy thing to look into

2 cents

-Mike

The used car lot I worked for had a thing for passats and jettas around those years... one problem I saw more than once was the vacuum hose going to that fuel pressure gets frayed/torn/collapsed, etc.. which would cause your "too rich" condition at idle and cruising speeds.. easy thing to look into

2 cents

-Mike

this is true on many models.

you did not state what motor it had. that would help. each one have quirks of thier own.

Thanks for the info guys. :) I told my co-worker some ideas to look for. I don't know what he's going to do with it. I'd have to ask what the engine size is. Last year the timing belt broke and he bent a lot of valves in it thus putting it out of service for about a month and costing $$$ to fix and then turbo didn't work anymore.