Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Brought the 91 home last night!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

I am back in the Subaru fold now, drove my 91 home last night.
I bought this car from a couple that was moving out of country, so I gave them a deposit 2 weeks ago and picked it up last night.

It is a 91 LS AWD wagon with 145k, 5 spd, No height control :clap: and it is in great shape and scored it for $1200.
They even cleaned the car inside and out, filled up the tank and gave me a bottle of wine!

So I need to do a laundry list of things to the car, change all fluids, timing belts, etc.

Here are a few pictures
Front
Side

#2 ferret

ferret

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • Northern NJ

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:17 PM

Best of luck, had a 90 legacy LS AWD wagon 5 speed . The Electro-Pnumatic suspension was on the Automatics only. Be glad you didn't get it. My neighbor back then had it on his 91 LS...and many many $$ in problems until in 96 they replaced it with standard struts.

#3 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

Best of luck, had a 90 legacy LS AWD wagon 5 speed . The Electro-Pnumatic suspension was on the Automatics only. Be glad you didn't get it. My neighbor back then had it on his 91 LS...and many many $$ in problems until in 96 they replaced it with standard struts.

Yea I have delt w/ these systems on my GL-10s they are $$$ and not fun to work on, but when the system works it is very cool!

#4 82glsw

82glsw

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Hellam PA

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:03 PM

i just brought a 91 home myself and mine does have the height control on it. but i was told that the shocks were just replaced 6 months b4 i bought it thank god. has 138k on it and picked it up for $900

#5 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

i just brought a 91 home myself and mine does have the height control on it. but i was told that the shocks were just replaced 6 months b4 i bought it thank god. has 138k on it and picked it up for $900

Nice, is it an auto or stick? This is one of only a handful of LS AWD 5spd wagons I have seen, I believe they are pretty rare. I also forgot home much more I like the J built wagons over my pervious wagon, a 96 outback.

#6 82glsw

82glsw

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Hellam PA

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

Nice, is it an auto or stick? This is one of only a handful of LS AWD 5spd wagons I have seen, I believe they are pretty rare. I also forgot home much more I like the J built wagons over my pervious wagon, a 96 outback.

its auto :mad:

#7 WagonsOnly

WagonsOnly

Now only WagonsMostly.

• Members
  • 1,475 posts
  • North Central CT

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

I also forgot home much more I like the J built wagons over my pervious wagon, a 96 outback.

Weren't some '91s built at SIA? I know my '93 was...193K and no major problems except for a clutch replacement. The original lasted to 181K.

#8 Honda's 86 Brat

Honda's 86 Brat

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

Well you got a better deal than us! 1990 LS AWD 5 spd with 262k and I paid 1850 for it from a dealer... grawr! But congrats, it's a nice feeling taking a new soob home :)

#9 82glsw

82glsw

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Hellam PA

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:00 PM

[quote name='Honda's 86 Brat]Well you got a better deal than us! 1990 LS AWD 5 spd with 262k and I paid 1850 for it from a dealer... grawr! But congrats' date=' it's a nice feeling taking a new soob home :)[/quote']

why does it seem i found the only auto ls

#10 theflystyle

theflystyle

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Fulton, MD

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:15 PM

what kinda wine lol

btw, i have a set of jdm headlamps i will be selling that would fit your car

#11 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:42 PM

why does it seem i found the only auto ls

Actually the 5spd are much harder to find, I have been looking for another one after I sold my other ls 5spd about 3 years ago.

#12 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:43 PM

Weren't some '91s built at SIA? I know my '93 was...193K and no major problems except for a clutch replacement. The original lasted to 181K.

SIA?

#13 ferret

ferret

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • Northern NJ

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

I think they meant the Subaru Indiana plant. The one Subaru and Isuzu jointly own and operate.

I don't remember when they started producing Legacy's there, but I do know by the 2nd generation, 1995, they were in production.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users