Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nor Nev and Nor Cal meet 8/6

This idea of a wheelin meet has been beating around the bush for a while. Who's in and where should we wheel? Projected date would be Sunday 8/6.

Well, my sis hasn't notified me of a "family bash" for this weekend, so I'm not needed in Sacramento.

About where to wheel: considering the high temperatures lately (and expected high temps for this weekend), might I suggest somewhere around Truckee or north Tahoe. There are a lot of USFS ORV trails up around the summit of hwy 267, wooded and high elevation=cooler temps. Kinda centrally located between you and Brian (well, not exactly centrally for Brian, but closer than Doyle or Moonrocks for him:rolleyes: ).

Just found out, you and my Dad have the same birthday:clap: . You have PM's:) .

Just my 2 bucks

Temp has cooled down and its only gonna be in the upper 80's (87 in Reno...prob 75 in Tahoe) this weekend. So where to wheel is endless. I'm up for Tahoe, Kyburz, Doyale, trees work for me :) ...

Wish a happy B-Day to your dad for me!!!! Im almost 30! yikes!

~Jeremy

Im gonna be commin up probably Saturday the 5th, then yeah... we gotta wheel the piss out of my hatch on Sunday. Me and JIbs have to stress test our stuff before the long haul in a few weeks. Now i only need to get my CV's installed.

This weekend the weather is gonna be GGGGREAT!!! Sacramento's gonna be 86ish from what they say, so i can only imagine what it'll be like up at your elevations. I dunno about Kyburz, as much as i love it, its a hell of a drive. And you guys have a ton of great terrain in your back yards.

-Brian

Hey I might be able to make it on Sunday. :banana:.

NV

Awesome Blue!

Dave, what trails do you have in mind? Give some locations so I can google earth the trail.

Brian, where do you wanna wheel? Your top picks?

JB, I know your going, where do you wanna test out your brat?

Awesome Blue!

Dave, what trails do you have in mind? Give some locations so I can google earth the trail.

Brian, where do you wanna wheel? Your top picks?

JB, I know your going, where do you wanna test out your brat?

Jeremy, I was thinking about some of the Forest Service roads around 267, between Truckee and Kings Beach (Tahoe): 16N56, 16N52, 16N74..Watson Peak/Lake or Brockway Summit area.

Dang. Where have I been? I'm down for wherever. As usual, I want to test my junk, but easily, I still don't have that plate welded all the way in, so I don't wanna do anything too crazy, but other than that I don't care. I've wanted to look into some trails off 89 I think, (Road in opposite direction of Northstar ski area) up behind Boca and Stampede. Lots of trees, water nearby, and nice views. But thats my only thing. I'm gonna see if I can take off early from work saturday.

Hey guys,

My sons hatch is clicking like crazy...and I'm not feeling real warm and fuzzy about driving it.... would you be upset if I happened to show up in my tracker? I'll bring up the rear and freely give up glory to the subes!:rolleyes:

Also, was anyone planning on running CB's (or the cheapo family radios stuff...) or just running "winging it"? (hehehehe...sometimes I think more fun....)

Also, someone, please..... drop a note on the board late SAT. letting everyone know where we're meetering ... I'm working tommow @ 5:30 AM and donn't expect to be out before 6 or 7 PM, so I need to know where to meet Sunday AM...

If I'm not there (with mrs bigblue in tow I hope:headbang:), don't wait for me....

NV

Anybody's welcome to join, subie or not. (We just might start to wonder if you even really DO have a subaru.:rolleyes::lol: ) We can drop a line before sunday as to when and where to meet. I don't think we'll have cb's ready, I think me and Brian have them, but they're not hooked up yet. Hope to see you wherever we meet.

Hey guys,

My sons hatch is clicking like crazy...and I'm not feeling real warm and fuzzy about driving it.... would you be upset if I happened to show up in my tracker? I'll bring up the rear and freely give up glory to the subes!:rolleyes:

Also, was anyone planning on running CB's (or the cheapo family radios stuff...) or just running "winging it"? (hehehehe...sometimes I think more fun....)

Also, someone, please..... drop a note on the board late SAT. letting everyone know where we're meetering ... I'm working tommow @ 5:30 AM and donn't expect to be out before 6 or 7 PM, so I need to know where to meet Sunday AM...

If I'm not there (with mrs bigblue in tow I hope:headbang:), don't wait for me....

NV

Anybody's welcome to join, subie or not. (We just might start to wonder if you even really DO have a subaru.:rolleyes::lol: )

Haha yeah, soob or no soob is cool. We won't hound on you too bad. :lol:

I think it would be fun to give Tahoe a shot as long as its just not all flat logging roads. We could either all meet in Carson or Truckee. Truckee-Northstar seems like a better choice if we are gonna take on Brockway summit.

I'll be in Sacramento today, brian are you coming up tonight and staying at JB's?

Yeah Jeremy, i'll probably be leaving late and getting up there around 9-10ish. Still gotta touch base with Jibs and everything.

I plan on packing my CB, its not installed yet, but doesnt take but 2 wires to get it rigged up. Would like to have Jibs installed too so we can keep in touch. We'll both have digital camcorders as well, so this should be a fun day.

-Brian

Okay looks like Tahoe is out. We can still find trees and cooler temps over on the desert side tho.

EVERYONE that is going to this lets meet at my place at 11am! If you don't know where I live shoot me a PM and I'll give you directions.

Dog Valley area is always good: shaded, lots of good terrain, not ridiculously gnarly terrain, and close to Jibs and Subieman's place.

How's that?

That works I guess. We can wheel towards Boca and Stampede and see what happens, maybe an afternoon swim is in order?