Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nor Nev and Nor Cal meet 8/6

Hey guys,

Thanks for thinking about me .... (Jibs I got your voicemail).

Unfortunately, I didn't get off until 3 this morning (20 hour days suck :banghead:) so I was just a little tired.

The bad: too tired to get up and go have fun :dead:.

The good: time and a half kicks @ss:banana:!!!!!

I've only got 2 more Saturdays to go, so maybe about the end of the month we could set up another run somewhere??

.......waiting for the video!

NV

No worries Blue. Sorry you had to work, you missed out. Speaking of video, Brian, you got that up yet? :lol: At the end of the month Blue, we head to WCSS.:D

Hey guys,

Thanks for thinking about me .... (Jibs I got your voicemail).

Unfortunately, I didn't get off until 3 this morning (20 hour days suck :banghead:) so I was just a little tired.

The bad: too tired to get up and go have fun :dead:.

The good: time and a half kicks @ss:banana:!!!!!

I've only got 2 more Saturdays to go, so maybe about the end of the month we could set up another run somewhere??

.......waiting for the video!

NV

Great pix Jerermy, can't wait for the vids.

Another enjoyable day of wheeling with the guys. Nothing major or hairy, more of a "shakedown run" for TSJ and Jibs.

Sorry ya couldn't make it Blue, there'll be plenty of Next Times:D .

Video to come mid-week. I gotta format, re-install windows, re-install all my software, re-install the drivers and get the camcorder to work, then port video, edit video, master video... yeah.

Expect something rough on wednesday and a finished product next weekend.

I just got home and im BEAT! Time for bed.

-Brian

Cool, sundays are usually our day to do something. Everyone seems to have that day off.

Maybe I can talk the NV guys to comming down here for a change so you dont have to drive as far... but, you do have a forester so im sure you driving 4 hrs will be more comfortable than us EA81 guys driving even 2 hours.

-Brian

Maybe I can talk the NV guys to comming down here for a change so you dont have to drive as far... but, you do have a forester so im sure you driving 4 hrs will be more comfortable than us EA81 guys driving even 2 hours.

Good point! Yes, even with the 2" lift, my Forester is quite comfy. And if it gets cold, I can always turn on the seat heaters!

If we would meet up on Sunday, I'd probably head up on Saturday and camp out. Might even bring the mountain bike along and check out some new trails, although I've explored quite a few MTB trails around Tahoe, I'm sure I could find something new.

2" lift huh? I would like to see pictures of your Forester. What other mods have you done? Like D/R 4WD?

Yeah, I know, pictures are long overdue! No D/R like ForesterRanger, and I don't plan to do that in the future. I like AWD, and I have the AndyJo transfer clutch pack override, but I did it more than a year before Andy did.:grin:

The lift is from SubaXtreme, and is just blocks on top of the struts. I also have the SubaXtreme front offroad Bullbar/bumper that provides a much better approach angle. I just completed some custom sway bar quick disconnects, and a custom rear bumper for better departure angle is in process. Hopefully the bumper will be done within a couple weeks, then I'll post some pics.