Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Paul Melse at Williams Auto World in Lansing (517) 484-1341 is a very nice guy. He doesn't push cars at you, and he takes the time to answer any questions you have. He also calls to see if you are happy, having any problems, etc. after you buy the car.

A couple people I know have bought cars from him over the last few years. I ended up buying off the board, but I'd've bought from him if I hadn't got mine from the board.

Best of all, he's owned Subes for quite a while. I think he has one from the 80's, too.

John at the Service dept is a great guy, too. My gf had some trouble with her Forester's oxy sensor, and the service dept was very helpful. They do the maintenence on my Legacy now.

I would try grand rapids or lansing, flint as you may know is notorious for GM loyalty and he may have better luck in GR, also there is one on the north end of Kalamazoo but that may be a bit far, Ann Arbor also comes to mind, they seem a bit less under the oppressive command of the general so that might be a good place to start

ya, there are deinitely no sub dealers in flint.. actually my dad worked for the general for a bit over 30 years and has always owned gm cars.. nice discounts, but poor quality cars/trucks. both his and my moms vehicles have been giving them fits (dads 2001 pickup various gremlins and moms 1999 caddy has gone thru 4 computers) so he's thru with gm vehicles. so, now he's lookin at subs. i'll give him the info for williams auto world in lansing. iive also heard that hodges in ferndale is pretty good thru the nasioc forum, so im giving him that addy aswell.

I had delt with Williams in MSU's back yard before heading to Texas.... Pleasant service folks.

The Folks in Kazoo, hehehe well lets just say that they A$$umed on a situation that caused them to look rather inept in my book back when i first got the 86 wagon and had to have them fix the speedo cable. IT turned out that it was a split the tranny case only option to replace the plastic part that the cable goes into! LOL they knew I was leaving for California on day "X" and that ment they had 30 days to order the part and then let me know when it was in to drop off the car for themn to do the work.

turned out they had to do a lot of hunting in salvage yards for a donor D/R tranny as they broke a part of it and had to do a temp. fix so i could goto Cali and when i return they would finish the job....... sorry but it was weird driving round trip with only a RPM gauge and i knew the gas milage. Thankfully the gas guage work just fine otherwise it would of been really neveracking to do that trip.

gotta love CB's and manual cruise control's.