Ultimate Subaru Message Board

vacuum leaks suck worse than fusible links blow

heh.. i just gunk'd my engine, and in giving it the careful look over afterwards to make sure nothing is still wet that shouldnt be (after 65+mph for about two miles, at full temp with AC on) and noticed a loose vacuum line i had seen on the pre-gunk inspection. i looked around before but couldnt find anything.. it was behind the passenger side cylinder head, just a small line coming off a larger one, with a connector still in the line.. checked it with motor running, has suction on it. looked around some more, and found it!! it went to another hose that connected to a plastic canister mounted on a bracket with a fuse, and a couple relays underneath. i cant recall what the fuse is for, but that should be enough of a pinpoint.. the vacuum appears to come thru this canister and then go across the engine bay and into the cockpit..

what is this line, and this plastic canister? plugging it in fixed a slight stumble at idle that has been annoying the daylights out of me!! i did it, and thought, check that stumble.. walked back to the muffler, and it seemed gone!! not believing it, i went and unplugged, came back in full force, so oh yeah!!

YOO-reeka, BIATCH!!!!

sorry. just an awesome feeling, because finding a leak like that usually takes me forever. this may be the first time i ever found an obvious leak like that, and actually fixed my stumble/issue at hand!