Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Speakers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

97 obw Pioneer Premire 60 watt per channel stereo. i need speakers (not to mention i was pissed to find a dead channel). Max i want to spend is 100.00 per pair. i listen to everything amd dont beleive the bass is a vibration test for the fastners on the car. i have the premium tweeters.

any suggestions.

nipper

#2 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:11 PM

i have a set of these-http://www.crutchfie...Display=Kenwood

in my legacy.they do pretty well for themselves considering i have a tendency to push speakers...:grin:

i'm also running them off a 200w kenwood HD cd player..(KDC-MP528)

#3 Mark-O-Back

Mark-O-Back

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Ravensdale, WA - USA

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

I recommend Crutchfield, I have bought from them. I went to the link subie94 provided and right away I was flagged that these would not fit in my car, a 97 outback that looks just like the one in your avitar. Go through the "What fits my car?" section there and have fun shopping.
~Mark

i have a set of these-http://www.crutchfie...Display=Kenwood

in my legacy.they do pretty well for themselves considering i have a tendency to push speakers...:grin:

i'm also running them off a 200w kenwood HD cd player..(KDC-MP528)

#4 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:28 PM

as far as the "not fitting" part,i believe they mean depth cause.i found out that the window hits the magnet of the speaker in the front pass door..(need to cut out a spacer for it)

#5 Strakes

Strakes

Kaboom? Kaboom?

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Knoxville

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

I have Kenwood 6-1/2s for all 4 doors. They were $50 a pair and from Crutchfield. They were guaranteed "direct fit" and mounted to the stock brackets with no modifications, no clearance issues, and they sound great. Crutchfield is the way to go.

#6 FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Oak Ridge, NJ

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

Subie how thick was the spacer you needed?

Strakes which Kenwoods did you buy, what are you driving them with.

#7 jon38iowa

jon38iowa

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • Ankeny

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:36 AM

97 obw Pioneer Premire 60 watt per channel stereo. i need speakers (not to mention i was pissed to find a dead channel). Max i want to spend is 100.00 per pair. i listen to everything amd dont beleive the bass is a vibration test for the fastners on the car. i have the premium tweeters.

any suggestions.

nipper

Nipper :
I get my polk Audio front speakers ( from Crutchfield) tomorrow, morever, I will let you know my oppinion of them after installation.
John

#8 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:58 PM

Nipper :
I get my polk Audio front speakers ( from Crutchfield) tomorrow, morever, I will let you know my oppinion of them after installation.
John

please do. i actually replaced the speakers with OE (price was great) and i needed them. i'll wait for a report :)

nipper

#9 Strakes

Strakes

Kaboom? Kaboom?

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Knoxville

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:51 PM

Strakes which Kenwoods did you buy, what are you driving them with.

Um, I forgot the exact model. My guess is that today's version of the Kenwoods I put in a couple of years ago is KFC-1660S. I'm driving them with the stock CD player.

#10 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

Um, I forgot the exact model.

Let me guess, it was the round ones

hehe

nipper

#11 korrupt66

korrupt66

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Hillsboro, NH

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

Crutchfield is ok but I found their a little over priced. I use http://www.sounddomain.com/ Theres a forum, chat and many Subaru owners on there.

#12 testy

testy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Port Moody, BC(Vancouver)

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:21 PM

get a set of quality speakers, but not the best. Amplify them. And amp will make them sound like a deck never could.

#13 jon38iowa

jon38iowa

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • Ankeny

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

hehe

nipper

Hey Nipper:
Well I got the Polk Audios (BS650) in: Today:clap:; They sound great I think, moreover, an amp is a wise idea, but my budget can't swing it right now.
For the money and in their class, I recomend these speakers.
John

#14 arracado

arracado

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Medford

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:01 PM

I put Polk Audio speakers in all 4 doors a couple years ago when I got my 97 OBW, and they sound killer. These were the first Polks I have used, typically I go with Infinity.

#15 Strakes

Strakes

Kaboom? Kaboom?

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Knoxville

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

hehe

nipper

I really wanted to fit a square speaker into a round hole. Thank God my wife talked me out of it after she saw me break out the sawz-all. :D

#16 Ranger83

Ranger83

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 740 posts
  • Northeast

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:23 AM

any suggestions.

nipper

Ultimate Outback speaker thread: http://www.ultimates...read.php?t=7141

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users