Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I decided to take my obw into the shop. Only for the "bucking/bumpy" and jumpy feeling in tight turns feeling that I stated in a post a couple weeks ago. The theory I am going with (thanks to nipper) is a bad center bearing. I guess I will find out soon enough. I have doubts that they will even feel what I feel. I figure if the g/f can feel it a mechanic better be able to. As I was walking out he said that it could very well be the worn clutch being out of balance. I'll update once I find out more info.

Now with this being said, and now, kinda disproving my theory is.... The center bearing is actually a metal piece of the driveshaft?? I am really unclear, but after a google, I am leaning towards this. I have been thinking that the center bearing is actually the rubber "bushing." If it is in fact part of the driveshaft (metal), then I am wrong. There was no free play in the driveshaft itself, only in the rubber bushing that supports the driveshaft.

:rolleyes:

So I decided to take my obw into the shop. Only for the "bucking/bumpy" and jumpy feeling in tight turns feeling that I stated in a post a couple weeks ago. The theory I am going with (thanks to nipper) is a bad center bearing. I guess I will find out soon enough. I have doubts that they will even feel what I feel. I figure if the g/f can feel it a mechanic better be able to. As I was walking out he said that it could very well be the worn clutch being out of balance. I'll update once I find out more info.

Now with this being said, and now, kinda disproving my theory is.... The center bearing is actually a metal piece of the driveshaft?? I am really unclear, but after a google, I am leaning towards this. I have been thinking that the center bearing is actually the rubber "bushing." If it is in fact part of the driveshaft (metal), then I am wrong. There was no free play in the driveshaft itself, only in the rubber bushing that supports the driveshaft.

:rolleyes:

sheesh

there is a universal joint on either side of the bearing. The bearing is located in a rubber mount, then is in a barcket that bolts to the car.

i dont remeber the3 original post, but be prepared for the ever popular torque bind

nipper