Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Legacy Strut Lift Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

Is your front camber effected by the use of outback or forester struts? How is the axle extension?

This recent post made me think about it...

#2 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,123 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:27 PM

Yes, it is affected. But. There is a camber adjustment. The upper of the two bolts on the bottom of the struts. Just dial them all of the way out, mine turned out fine. I haven't noticed any unusual wear on the outside of my tires since. I did it over a year ago.

This is only on the front.

#3 strat

strat

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Williamsport

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

you could also get the outback cradle spacers that would allow everything to go back into factory spec.

#4 sayn3ver

sayn3ver

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:12 PM

my rear camber is pretty faacked(on my impreza using outback struts).

But i havent tried to get it aligned yet(i dont know how to do the rear). the fronts can come pretty close.

#5 Andyjo

Andyjo

I'm Not Austin!

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Windham NH

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:58 PM

my rear camber is pretty faacked(on my impreza using outback struts).

But i havent tried to get it aligned yet(i dont know how to do the rear). the fronts can come pretty close.

In the rear, your camber adjustment is on the controling arm type thing, in towards the rear diff.

#6 soloracer34

soloracer34

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Parker

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

I just completed mine today. I put 98 Outback KYB GR-2 struts on my 90 Legacy LS Wagon. I kept the original springs and strut tops. Measuring before and after as well as the parts I got 1.25" lift in the front and 1.75" in the rear. It looks pretty level as it was a bit saggy butt before. I had to crank the camber adjust bolts all the way in in the front to dial out positive camber, aftermarket camber bolts would help get it back into spec. I would guess right now I've got close to zero camber in the rear and about .5 degrees positive on front. Measuring things after the swap I have 12" clearance to the bottom of the bumper lip and just shy of 10" to the bottom of the oil pan. The axles are at a much higher angle than stock of course but do not appear to be excessive. Subframe spacers would give a bit better axle angle and down travel but I think the additional axle stress is minimal.

So far I give it two big thumbs up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users