Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"For every job that must be done.... " :73:

"...there is an element of fun. Find the fun and, SNAP! The job's a game!"

--Mary Poppins

Well I spent a good chunk of the day getting new tires for the '73 and disasembling the interior. This is my favorite part because I get to learn about the car's history. So far, no dark secrets; only great surprises. Check out that rust free floor!! :)

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=12370&cat=500&ppuser=19119

Still don't have any leads on a good carpet kit supplier. This car could definitely use a new rug.

More to come in the near future. Hope every one had as good a weekend as I did!

BT

thanks guys- i'm looking into carpet kits now. i'll let you know what i find out.

i just put in the new shift linkage and WOW, what a difference.

mike,i hope that tranny worked out; hopefully the condition of the linkage is a good sign.

anyone got a lead on rubber seals for the doors, a new steering wheel or pristine hubcaps???

bt

pristine hubcaps???

Yes,I have those,but I don't have time right now,sorry.Everything got put away and has left my home and gone back to storage.Still have to get the other two guys together,but they know already that I was setting a set aside for you.I don't think anyone here understands exactly how hard it is to get Andrew,let alone Charlie and Andrew to show up somewhere at the same time.Haven't been able to make it happen since Carlisle in May!!!:horse:

If you can wait then when I get settled into our next home I'll gladly hook you up.If you really need them soon I just can't help you right now,sorry.

sounds good. i'll probably be done with the rest by then- they'll make a nice finishing touch. thanks.

bt

Yes,I have those,but I don't have time right now,sorry.Everything got put away and has left my home and gone back to storage.Still have to get the other two guys together,but they know already that I was setting a set aside for you.I don't think anyone here understands exactly how hard it is to get Andrew,let alone Charlie and Andrew to show up somewhere at the same time.Haven't been able to make it happen since Carlisle in May!!!:horse:

If you can wait then when I get settled into our next home I'll gladly hook you up.If you really need them soon I just can't help you right now,sorry.