Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 1 BRAT price range

Ok, it's 2006.... what would you say the low, average and high price range is for a clean, rust free Gen 1 GL BRAT? How high do you think they will appreciate in the next 5 years?

Mechanically excellent. Excellent interior. All original. With seats, roll bar, cap, hitch. (Original paint though.)

Thanks, Todd

from searching around ALOT, i have come to the conclusion that $3500 is a very good amount for a gen 1 brat, $1500 for a good runner, 500-1100 for a beater with some rust. i don`t thing it will appreciate or depreciate much either. the gen 2's seem to be climbing, but the 1's don`t seem to be.

Todd-

Here are my two cents:

In the next five years, there may not be not a huge appreciation, but eventually that car will be a classic. Its a car that everyone remembers, most people liked and relatively few of which remain.

If you are sure about selling now, I have had good luck with hemmmings.com

If you already have a buyer, offer it for sale higher than you would expect to pay (say, 6,000) . I had a guy approach me once with an offer after seeing a car in my garage. We agreed on a price much higher than the car's actual value because we both understood the value of getting a pristine example versus restoring something in fair condition. Sounds like you have something really special there.

Hope that helps. BT