Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a few poser pics of the resurrected Chuxwagon!

Numbchux

so, I'm pretty much done resurrecting the Chuxwagon 2....except the #@$%$% distributer went out on it today. stupid distributers, I want an EJ swap

anyway, finished the 2-tone paint to fix up the rust spots, and cut the fenders so they're not buckled from clearancing with the hammer. and put the tube bumpers from Morgan's old wagon on it.

anyway, I posed it up on a couple car ramps in the driveway, and took a few pics....and here they are:

PICT1776.jpg

PICT1775.jpg

PICT1773.jpg

PICT1772.jpg

I know austin! you can actually see the blue!!

anyway, I found a blue that matches MUUCH better, and put that over the spots where I touched up the top half (I may still do the whole top in WRB....but that's a project for another day)

and yes, brian, the bumpers need paint BAAD, but I couldn't get the old rust/mud crap off, and then it rained the only day I had access to a sandblaster...so that project will have to wait.

the wheels will get a new paintjob too. not sure if I should match the 'dark bronze' of the 2-tone, go black again, or do something completely different....

anyway, I took it out wheeling this weekend for the first time in 6+ months!!! found out that the 3 torn CV boots didn't like sitting outside for so long, then driven 4 hours at 70+mph, then wheeled all day :rolleyes: ........ they made some pretty nasty clicking noises....but as soon as I noticed the sound, I pulled over and stuffed a crapload of grease in there, and stayed out of the mud while wheeling, so I think if I pull them apart, and put a new boot and fresh grease on them, they should still be good (knock on wood....)

pics to come....hopefully tomorrow, depending how the progress with the loyale goes...

found out that the 3 torn CV boots didn't like sitting outside for so long, then driven 4 hours at 70+mph, then wheeled all day :rolleyes: ........ they made some pretty nasty clicking noises....but as soon as I noticed the sound, I pulled over and stuffed a crapload of grease in there, and stayed out of the mud while wheeling, so I think if I pull them apart, and put a new boot and fresh grease on them, they should still be good (knock on wood....)

I used some industrial strength duct tape once to make a temporary boot. It lasted about 4 hundred miles.

I used some industrial strength duct tape once to make a temporary boot. It lasted about 4 hundred miles.

haha, morgan did that with one of his. I thought about doing it, but by the time I noticed it, it had sprayed grease all over the place, and I doubt the duct tape would have stuck at all.