Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rag joint :73:

I've never heard the term rag joint before... Is it the joint in the steering column, the one that allows the column to bend down right before it goes into the rack?

If so, you're in luck, because that joint (usually called a universal joint, like the ones in a driveshaft) is still available from the dealer, part number 731037160, list price is $145.20. 3 in the country at the time of this posting.

Is it a circular piece of rubber with 4 holes in it? Right before the column shaft enters the rack?

You can use the VW beetle connector too. It works fine and you get better performance! I put one in my GF. Just use the metal bushings from your old one in the VW one.

Todd

You can use the VW beetle connector too. It works fine and you get better performance! I put one in my GF. Just use the metal bushings from your old one in the VW one.

Todd

Yes, this is it!! Thanks guys. Any year Beetle will do? That's great news because the one I was going to order from Subaru will take a while to get.

More pics coming soon. This car has quickly become my favorite- what a blast to drive.

BT