Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Carpet... or no Carpet? Tis the question.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,692 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:03 PM

Did some interior cleaning in the wagon today. The metal piece that holds down the trunk carpet was really rusty and was getting worked on (IE de-rusted) so I decided to take every interior bit off the back and clean out all the dirt and such... Found some interesting things under the rear seat :P

Some pics:

Everything removed v

Posted Image

What it looks like without the rear seats and with the interior bits back in place minus the carpet, I thought about leaving it like this... v

Posted Image

And here it is all back together again with the carpets all cleaned up and the seat folded down (I had no idea the bottom seat flipped up! I didnt realize it until I went to unbolt it and found hinges!) v

Posted Image

I cant decide if I want to leave it carpet less or with carpets... You can see the carpet isnt 100%, but the rear trunk space has 0 rust (there was some rust under the rear seat, but I sanded it and painted it over today). I could leave the rear seat out, or leave it in, but I'm just not sure...

I think ill decide how ill run it later on when its all finished with paint and such, it might look funky with a blue paint job and a tan metal trunk area...

Oh, and one final pic, of me taking over the garage for the day :clap:

Posted Image

#2 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,734 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:46 PM

Put the carpet in. It reduces noise, easier to slide things in and out and adds a finishing touch. You can actually touch up the black carpet with black fabric paint. You can also get the exact carpet by the yard at JC Whitney.

Todd

#3 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

spray paint the edges of the cargo area underneath the carpet black, so that you won`t notice the carpet being in so-so condition, it will just blend right in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users