Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Demolition Derby!!!!!!!!!!!

I was cheering for a Poor Little Subie in a Demoliton Derby.

He did really well for quite a while, but one hit to the front and it was over!:mad:

None of the little cars seemed to be able to take much of a hit and keep going.

Poor little cars...:rolleyes:

mmmm.....yeah. Being an avid derby fan, I gotta say, that if youre gonna run a car in a derby, you gotta have a pretty solid body on it, or your just toast. WHY would anyone put a sube in a derby that had a good body on it?

If you are redneck enough to run a derby car, surely you could get years of use out of a poor little soob before its derby'd :eek:

Incidently.....I know what yall are talking about though......if its in there already, and youre already watching, ROOT FOR THE SUBIES!!!

I say leave the derby to the dodge neons of the world (and the 1970's station wagons) and.....GIT ER DONE! :brow:

With so many cars available that are genuine junk and have been since they rolled off the showroom floor, it seems to me that running a sube in a demo-derby is not that far off from putting a big sign on your head that reads "I'm a moron".

If you can't do anything more with the car, leave it for someone who can.

Its not like the junkyards are teeming with old subes (at least not around here). It would really disturb me to see a subaru run in one of these events.

The fact that this board has thrived for so many years is proof that subes are not just another economical import. They are wonderful, well engineered, unique cars that are being recognized for these qualities more and more. Some day when people look back at those subes in demolition derby, it will be like if we looked back now at oval window VW beetles being chopped up and abused for some dumb tv stunt.

you know what would be a crazy long demo derby? old school 80's volvo wagon demo derbie...It would be like running trains into each other at 2 MPH.some damage but nothing serious.

hey they turbocharged those things too, and they werent that heavy!! my friend had an 83 240 turbo, and an 87 760 turbo.. both autos, and both MUCH quicker than i had previously thought. volvo is actually a darn fine car manufacturer.. as long as subaru-style longevity isnt a dealbreaker for you. i mean, 100K+, yah.. 200, 300, 400K?? no.