Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My friends mint Brat....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 GoldDiggerRoo

GoldDiggerRoo

Pizza anyone?

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Roanoke, VA

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:18 PM

Was out Friday in the Brat and ran into my friend Brenda in her mint '85? Brat, this car has always been nice but has been fell prey to the typical Subaru rust, last fall she had a ton of body work done and and got it repainted. I used to work with her, it was nice to yack about subarus with someone all day. Thought you guys might enjoy.

I have more pics here.... http://s13.photobuck...RS/Brenda Brat/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:24 PM

soooo minty fresh:slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

how long has she owned it?

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:30 PM

Wow - that's the like the twin of mine. Same year and color. Except I still need body work and paint. Gotta love the marina blue tho.

GD

#4 GoldDiggerRoo

GoldDiggerRoo

Pizza anyone?

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Roanoke, VA

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:31 PM

soooo minty fresh:slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

how long has she owned it?

I honestly don't remember, atleast 10 years..... the other day she said she remembers when she could fill it up for around $10... so a while longer than that.

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:31 PM

$1 per gallon - so about when Clinton was last in office. Good times, good times.

GD

#6 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:54 PM

Dang, that has to be one of the nicest brats i have ever seen!!!:banana:

#7 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

• Members
  • 3,037 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:02 AM

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: !!

Breathtaking.

#8 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:11 AM

For her sake, you should probably white out her plate information in the pics.

GD

#9 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:27 AM

If I saw that Brat I would walk straight up to it and lick it. :banana: Dang that's nice.

Posted Image

#10 RavenTBK

RavenTBK

Professional Auto Thief

• Members
  • 661 posts
  • Apalachicola Natl Forest

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:30 AM

For her sake, you should probably white out her plate information in the pics.

GD

Why? Its not like its fuzzed out while driving on the street, where many many more people can see it. I never understood the logic behind doing that.

Back on topic, that is one sexy Brat. :slobber: Is she just as hot? :cool:

#11 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:43 AM

My point was that it's not HIS car, so in this case not his decision to make.

Reason? He's posting pictures of a collector car on a car enthusiast forum. Do the math. Auto theft isn't something I would take many risks with - and again - not his car, so whiteing out the plate protects the poster, and the owner in this case.

GD

#12 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:59 AM

It's more of a courtesy than anything else. Raven, you're the "professional auto thief," you should be all over this!

#13 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

If I saw that Brat I would walk straight up to it and lick it. :banana: Dang that's nice.

Posted Image

i would do the same:slobber: (in a different spot of course);)

#14 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,931 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:30 PM

Do that enough times (not sure how many) and you will end up with just the mooshy center and nobody wants that, or to have some creepy owl speculate how many licks it would take.

Id agree with the license plate logic posted here. My opinion is that if its not your car fuzz it out and if you or the vehicle in question is doing something controvercial or illegal then blurr it out too.

Sweet brat too, looks like Jerry's old one and that one was CHERRY. I'd know I owned it for a while. :) Curse the day I sold that!

#15 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:08 AM

Do that enough times (not sure how many) and you will end up with just the mooshy center and nobody wants that, or to have some creepy owl speculate how many licks it would take.

Id agree with the license plate logic posted here. My opinion is that if its not your car fuzz it out and if you or the vehicle in question is doing something controvercial or illegal then blurr it out too.

for starters, great response to this lick trend that was being established. Hopefully, that bud is nipped. you say mooshy center, i say rust.. lets not start it :lol:

secondly, i think that raven was asking the question to further his own understanding, not to establish debate by any means... he simply drew attention to an apparent contradiction of confidentiality and a public license declaration (just like in the elevators, and the X-ray rooms in the hospital, or the insurance and similar licenses posted at mechanic's shops, etc)

However, the answers were enlightening nevertheless. A question that made for reasonable discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users