Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'96 Legacy Fog Lights

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rbsmith

rbsmith

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Harrisburg PA

Posted 05 November 2003 - 07:54 AM

Has anyone put on after market fog lights on their '96 or similar Legacy?

What brand or type did you use?
What did you use for a switch or what is the part # for the Subaru switch?

#2 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 05 November 2003 - 08:14 AM

... mtsmiths wants to know the same info for a 2000.

#3 AK-Brando

AK-Brando

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Palmer, AK

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:43 PM

I had a '95 Legacy LS wagon I put in factory projector fogs into. I still have the instructions electronically if you would like me to send them to you. (scans from the originals)

It wasn't too difficult, just followed the instructions.

#4 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Gold Subscribers
  • 4,980 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:43 PM

I have no experience but have read here that folks like the midnight moose site for lighting. Do a forum search maybe?

#5 AK-Brando

AK-Brando

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Palmer, AK

Posted 05 November 2003 - 01:00 PM

I forgot to mention that I got the projector fog lamp kit on eBay, but it was the complete install kit. It included the switch, wiring harness and lamp assemblies. The part number for the entire kit is H4510AC010. The instructions don't list a separate part number for the switch.

They made a huge difference in driving at night. Made it a lot easier to see the nighttime wildlife up here in Alaska. Especially when there are no streetlights!!

#6 flash

flash

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • connecticut

Posted 05 November 2003 - 09:02 PM

Bob, I am in the process of putting on Hella Black Magics on my '97 Legacy Outback. I don't know if you are into big lights but I like them. These are 7 inchers. I had Hella 500's on my last Subaru (6 inchers) and wanted more. I fabricated a bar to bolt the lights on to, that bolts up at the top of the lower opening in the bumper. I would have liked to put the 9 inch Hellas on but I think they would be to heavy for my mounting situation...it's a catelever beam deal. The only thing I am trying to sort out is the electrical work (I am anal so I work slow). I bought the factory fog light switch ($37 list) p/n 83001AC020.

The only thing I forgot about is I need the plug to plug into the switch! Does anyone have one or a parts car you can cut one out of for reasonable cost???

Flash

#7 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 06 November 2003 - 05:27 PM

Hella FF75, put out plenty of light and are very compact. Design matches the car quite well too.

#8 rbsmith

rbsmith

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Harrisburg PA

Posted 17 November 2003 - 09:12 AM

If you coluld send the instructions for your fog light kit I would apreciate it.

Verify the part # is H4510AC010 for all the parts. I get a price of $24.72. That seems cheap.

Bob
rbsmith66@comcast.net
:rolleyes:

#9 AK-Brando

AK-Brando

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Palmer, AK

Posted 17 November 2003 - 07:39 PM

You should have the instructions in your e-mail. As you can see according to the first page of the instructions, that is the correct part number. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users